Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-14-2016, 03:34 AM   #1371
ukshaun
Hercules

Guess there is a chance they could pull the rabbit out the hat. This is after all a prototype. They could do what Gentle Giant have done with The Walking Dead: Maggie, and change the face completely prior to shipping. This would be the opposite to what Gentle Giant have done, as the prototype Maggie face looked just fine the way it was.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #1372
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The fact that this one has already had a couple of revisions means that at least they know there is a problem and they've been working on it. This isn't guaranteed to be the final version so we may have to just wait and see.

I remember when the first Superman prototype was shown people were less than positive on that one too, but the improvements between then and the final version made for a stunning piece.
I doubt that Supergirl is going to end up quite so good (a little wishful thinking never did anybody any harm), but neither do I think it's guaranteed to be terrible either.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #1373
gomur
The Tick

It's still Supergirl and priced at $425.... I expect an average sized ES by Sideshow's standards. Maybe a little less than the 1250 + 2500 of Power Girl.

Although we did love that PG sculpt considerably more... I could be off the mark entirely.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #1374
built2shred
Phoenix

If I got a 10% coupon I would be tempted to get it... by itself I'm not 100% in love with it but shown with the other DC statues I think it would look good...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #1375
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Do the statues around a parciular statue help to make that statue look better? Its an interesting concept. Personally, I don't think they do, but based on many of the posts I have seen in this thread, it looks like I am definitely in the minority on this one. Actually, I take that back. The more I think about it the more I think a quality statue can be improved by surrounding it with other quality statues, especially if they belong to a team like Justice League. That winds up being a positive association in people's minds. I just don't think it can improve upon a statue you don't like to begin with. In other words, I don't think it would matter what statues I surrounded Supergirl with, I would still be hugely dissatisfied with the statue.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #1376
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Do the statues around a parciular statue help to make that statue look better? Its an interesting concept. Personally, I don't think they do, but based on many of the posts I have seen in this thread, it looks like I am definitely in the minority on this one. Actually, I take that back. The more I think about it the more I think a quality statue can be improved by surrounding it with other quality statues, especially if they belong to a team like Justice League. That winds up being a positive association in people's minds. I just don't think it can improve upon a statue you don't like to begin with. In other words, I don't think it would matter what statues I surrounded Supergirl with, I would still be hugely dissatisfied with the statue.
I sure wish you would post more about how much you don't like this statue, I really don't think you have conveyed that point yet.

And yes, some statues are not really meant as stand alone pieces. You think that the Jean Grey they did last year works as a stand alone piece?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #1377
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #1378
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I sure wish you would post more about how much you don't like this statue, I really don't think you have conveyed that point yet.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:05 AM   #1379
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Ordered, I like her face as it is, just a pity they didn't give her a fabric skirt.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #1380
bernhawk
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Awful statue, awful face, regular pose! Little lesson for SSC: im buying "B" or "C" characters from XM like vulture, sandman, electro, moon knight, because they are amazing and detailed sculptures. And i´m skipping Super Girl, Lex Luthor, Green Lantern. isn't in a little awkward?

And what about the character selection? Where is the Flash, Martian manhunter? Shazam, the hawks?

I don't know if the DC sales are what you´ve expected but i think not!!

Sorry about my english (it is not my native language) guys but i just can't understand what they are doing!!
bernhawk is offline   Reply With Quote