Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #31
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
That was great. But either way, you seem a bit inconsistent. You're talking about weaker dialog, the first too had gallons of it. Cheap fight scenes again the first 2. Though Yoda fighting was kick ass I prefer this fight with Palpatine. There was more mindless action, the pacing was better (even if that's not saying much) and when it would get boring something else would pop up just to keep you awake. But I agree it's not better then the original 3. And for me it's the better of the new 3 by just a bit.

Oh and I think for the record, every SW villain has had a stupid death.

Hell even the supposed Jedi Masters died rediculously fast and in cheap ways.
you liked the Yoda vsPalpatine fight.Terrible.Even the goofy as laughter fo Palpatine.And the comical fall when yoda used a force push on him and he fell with his ass up in the air.Thats supposed to be someone we are to be afraid of.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #32
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
you liked the Yoda vsPalpatine fight.Terrible.Even the goofy as laughter fo Palpatine.And the comical fall when yoda used a force push on him and he fell with his ass up in the air.Thats supposed to be someone we are to be afraid of.

I think that's why I liked it though. It showed that he's really just a coward with more fireworks and show then actual strength behind it. It was funny too, I loved that fall, it was hilarious. He was afraid to face Yoda even though Yoda is old and can't last that long.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #33
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think Ewan Mcgregor did a great job of connecting his performance into Alec Guinness'. It always struck me in the original series when Ben spoke of Anakin, there was still that tone of pain, regret and nostalgia. It worked in the OT after you got more of Darth Vader's backstory, and ultimate redemption, and it works all the more with Ep III.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #34
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Anyways that being said, when the Jedi get caught and get taken to the bridge, Grievous greets Kenobi by saying, "Ah the negotiator, Gen. Kenobi". He only addresses this to Obi Wan AND he says negotiator. When he talks to Anakin he only mentions that he knows him by reputation. But it seems he knew Obi Wan from a prior "engagement". What clicked in my head was that Grievous might be one of the aliens that Qui Gon and Obi Wan encountered in EP1 when they had to "negotiate". But this is all just a theory and I really haven't read much on GG's background, but that line just stuck in my head as if he knew him already. I'm prolly way off but it was kewl to go on a tangent like that.
No, remember, GG and Obi-Wan previously became aware of each other during the Clone Wars animated series. If you haven't watched them, they are excellent, and are a nice background for Episode III (Especially CW Season 3).

Grievous couldn't have been involved in any of the plot in Ep. I, since he didn't exist in his present form until between Ep. II and Ep. III.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:15 AM   #35
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
No, remember, GG and Obi-Wan previously became aware of each other during the Clone Wars animated series. If you haven't watched them, they are excellent, and are a nice background for Episode III (Especially CW Season 3).

Grievous couldn't have been involved in any of the plot in Ep. I, since he didn't exist in his present form until between Ep. II and Ep. III.
No I do have all those but I still don't remember Obi Wan going in as a negotiator that's why. And yes I know we didn't know him as that form but I was suggesting as his natural form not in his cyborg form. But Like I said it was all theory and could prolly be torn apart easily. I have all the CW episodes on dvd.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:20 PM   #36
Skulpturen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This is one of the best SW movies
Skulpturen is offline   Reply With Quote