Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #21
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Thats me.

I had my storage unit broken into. Epic Storage now Life Storage.

I reported it to the police and they didnt even send a real cop but rather a report writer volunteer.

I notified some lcs and kept an eye on ebay. I soon found my items listed. The same items that were stolen were all listed for sale by a Las Vegas seller. I printed out the listings and delivered them to a Metro Detective.

The police slept on the case and set low priority because it was a property crime and they dont actively work on those. I was pissed. They gave me a run around and said they know who it is but that it was the theifs girlfriend and they cant really pursue her because she didnt know the items were stolen. Something like that. Really confusing and frustrating. What are the police here for then? There was video evidence too and the storage company was not liable.

I had to deal with insurance and they gave me about a 1/3 of its value. Youre basically SOL.
Yeah i think you're the one i was talking about.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #22
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Thats me.

I had my storage unit broken into. Epic Storage now Life Storage.

I reported it to the police and they didnt even send a real cop but rather a report writer volunteer.

I notified some lcs and kept an eye on ebay. I soon found my items listed. The same items that were stolen were all listed for sale by a Las Vegas seller. I printed out the listings and delivered them to a Metro Detective.

The police slept on the case and set low priority because it was a property crime and they dont actively work on those. I was pissed. They gave me a run around and said they know who it is but that it was the theifs girlfriend and they cant really pursue her because she didnt know the items were stolen. Something like that. Really confusing and frustrating. What are the police here for then? There was video evidence too and the storage company was not liable.

I had to deal with insurance and they gave me about a 1/3 of its value. Youre basically SOL.
WTF?!? I live in Vegas too. In fact, I had much of my collection in Life Storage for a while. Nothing was stolen fortunately. I didn't actually know how fortunate until I read this here thread. I know Metro is busy with other seemingly more important stuff, but this case seems super easy with the evidence dropped on their front door step. Why the hell not do something about it?!? Lazy excuses. They'll sure as sh!t pull you over and ruin your week with an overpriced ticket, but won't get off their ass to protect and punish. Beatches.

Anyways, my condolences go out to both of you collectors. True tragedies.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #23
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So yeah mglarson, I know exactly how you feel.

Anyway after this I dont collect PFs as much or any other super high end collectibles. The collection has been scaled down quite a bit.

Anybody can rob you and oh well !

Or

What if theres an earthquake, fire etc. Its a pain in the azz to itemize, keep receipts and insurance companies give you less than the original retail price because its now like a used item.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #24
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
WTF?!? I live in Vegas too. In fact, I had much of my collection in Life Storage for a while. Nothing was stolen fortunately. I didn't actually know how fortunate until I read this here thread. I know Metro is busy with other seemingly more important stuff, but this case seems super easy with the evidence dropped on their front door step. Why the hell not do something about it?!? Lazy excuses. They'll sure as sh!t pull you over and ruin your week with an overpriced ticket, but won't get off their ass to protect and punish. Beatches.

Anyways, my condolences go out to both of you collectors. True tragedies.
I think it was an inside job. They did it on valentines day too lol. They went in before 10pm using someones code they said. After the gates closed, the theives stayed all night looting mine and other units and left in the morning.

I recommend using storage where there is an employee on site and after hours nobody is allowed on property.

After the fact I read on Yelp, this shady Life storage had alot of break ins.

Its on Warm Springs/Rainbow.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/life-storage-las-vegas-14
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #25
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
I think it was an inside job. They did it on valentines day too lol. They went in before 10pm using someones code they said. After the gates closed, the theives stayed all night looting mine and other units and left in the morning.

I recommend using storage where there is an employee on site and after hours nobody is allowed on property.

After the fact I read on Yelp, this shady Life storage had alot of break ins.

Its on Warm Springs/Rainbow.

https://m.yelp.com/biz/life-storage-las-vegas-14
Dang, what a nightmare! It scares the hell outta me that I had around $10K of statues stored at the one on Spencer where the lady had her trailer broken into and wiped out. Well, never again. Thanks for the heads up, Chunkster.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote