Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #91
AC_808
Hercules

Oh I wish we would see this year one or two statues from this deal. That would be stellar!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #92
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Oh I wish we would see this year one or two statues from this deal. That would be stellar!
Agreed, would be nice to see something X related after the announcement.

The line is a much sought after, much requested one. It'd be smart to capitalise on the enthusiasm.

This hobby is very switchy, people sell their pieces halfway through lines and move on to the next big thing.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:02 AM   #93
masterlei13
Birdman

hoping we will get a drs and another avenger this year. aside from vision and punisher that is.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #94
Penne
Frackin!

Bye bye Hot Toys, hello Kotobukiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I'm new to this hobby and I can see where both points of view come from. For me, I just enjoy the detailed art work and would love to get my hands on it. In thinking so, I am working on collecting the new things being produced, with the POs and payment plans. While I know the secondary market will kill me on the older items I've missed, I am aware that I will have to be choosy with those and it will be a slow collection game over time. I don't mind them doing reissues, if they do, I'll be all over it, but if they don't, I understand and to the back of the line those wants go. Either way, this is good news we've gotten!!
Like Bernie, I'm new to the Kotobukiya/Bowen (1/6 scale) statue collecting and super new to this forum. I actually got into collectibles again because of seeing the Kotobukiya and the Bowen Juggernaut statues at my local comic book store, a few years ago. I had just become a Dad at that time and didn't have the space/time to dive in this hobby. Years later I started listening to a podcast that had a "Toy Box" segment where they would discuss toys/statues/etc.. Fast-forward a few years, after doing a "Top 5 comic book Heroes and Villains" segment on my own podcast, I quickly realized that I had zero representation of my favorite comic book heroes and villains in my collection. So I sold off almost my entire Hot Toys collection on eBay and through some friends. With that money I've now acquired the pieces that represent my favorite heroes and villains (mainly from the X-Men universe). I did pay over msrp for a lot of them and that was really tough for me to swallow. Now I don't regret buying any of them but I do wish I had been stricter with myself on a few of them. I hope that my honesty with my collecting background/purchases doesn't get me judged too harshly but I felt it was important to mention. With my "Hot Toys" money now gone, I'm super excited for more reasonably priced X-Men statues and more Fine Art statues in general. I'm also excited to get more involved in this forum and hopefully get to know you guys/gals.
Penne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #95
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

A month into 2018......
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #96
khrisc
The X-Men

hahahaha very true..there goes the 6 a year
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote