Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 12-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #81
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow....that's a hell of a wait.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #82
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Was this always 2021?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #83
The SHOGUN
The Phantom

so it's 2021 . . .

the more time passes, i've come to the hypothesis that if he does come back it will NOT be like how BD was pre-divorce, putting up 5 new pre-orders a month.

I watched a bunch of his youtube guest appearances and videos filmed in the last year or two...i hear the creative side of him wanting to come back, but what is really shining through is that he's older, at different stage of his life, not wanting to be confined to the sculpting chair. He's got the money, he's got the fame. in this hobby/business he's accomplished pretty much everything he could've accomplished. I don't see what could ever bring him back into business full-swing how he was before.

what do you guys think?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 04:06 PM   #84
Mister H
Green Goblin

I don’t need him to be full-swing. One statue every now and then would be fine with me.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 05:43 PM   #85
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

From what I've seen in the videos it doesn't look like he'll come back in the same capacity. Probably not with Marvel either if I had to guess. He seems to be more or less comfortable where he is in his life. That's all speculation of course...he's still sculpting, but I don't know if running a business is what he wants to do anymore. I'm still wondering what that announcement was/is going to be.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:18 AM   #86
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Was there ever any news on Rocky's passing?
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:53 AM   #87
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Was there ever any news on Rocky's passing?
I don't think there was any kind of official announcement. We know that she passed but I haven't heard what caused her death.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 05:55 AM   #88
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
so it's 2021 . . .

the more time passes, i've come to the hypothesis that if he does come back it will NOT be like how BD was pre-divorce, putting up 5 new pre-orders a month.

I watched a bunch of his youtube guest appearances and videos filmed in the last year or two...i hear the creative side of him wanting to come back, but what is really shining through is that he's older, at different stage of his life, not wanting to be confined to the sculpting chair. He's got the money, he's got the fame. in this hobby/business he's accomplished pretty much everything he could've accomplished. I don't see what could ever bring him back into business full-swing how he was before.

what do you guys think?
He's said on more than one occasion that he loves to sculpt but isn't fond of the business side of things. I question whether he has the desire to start up again.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:00 AM   #89
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I don’t need him to be full-swing. One statue every now and then would be fine with me.
Unfortunately, that's not feasible if he acquires the Marvel license again. The license is too expensive for him to release a statue every now and then. In order to make a profit, he has to push his merch.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:02 AM   #90
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
He's said on more than one occasion that he loves to sculpt but isn't fond of the business side of things. I question whether he has the desire to start up again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Unfortunately, that's not feasible if he acquires the Marvel license again. The license is too expensive for him to release a statue every now and then. In order to make a profit, he has to push his merch.
I think I read somewhere that he threw out the idea of working for someone else, which would allow him to work at his own pace and not have to run a business.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote