Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #621
Peedi
The Secret Six

Info says mine should be coming tomorrow.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #622
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Not my favorite Spidey statue but still a solid piece.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:18 AM   #623
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Not my favorite Spidey statue but still a solid piece.
Not mine either and I don’t even have it in hand yet lol.

Ok minor gripe, the web pattern on his shoulder is annoying. The horizontal pattern across the trapezius should’ve been brought down to lay across his deltoid. As is it creates a really big section at his deltoid that looks extremely awkward. Smaller statues have nailed the web pattern layout, it shouldn’t be that awkward on a larger piece.

But I agree, still a solid piece. I like some of my other 1/4 Spideys more though.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #624
Peedi
The Secret Six

Ok so it didn’t come “tomorrow” as it said two days ago but it came today. Quick set up and inspection before I make actual room for it where it will live...which wasn’t the greatest idea because this a lot to put together. Far from the worst time I had putting a statue together, not even difficult, just a lot.

Impressive piece. There’s a a few things I could nitpick but I overall I like it and it’s a great addition to my Spidey collection. Would’ve taken a pic of it with some other Spideys but I didn’t want to move more stuff around.

My only major issue is on the torso I prefer to use the most the web pattern didn’t come out that well. The spider symbol suffered.

The small eyes toro came out good but the large eyes torso came out GREAT. This is funny to me (not really) because the order of how well they turned out is the exact opposite order of how much I like them. My preferred toro is the damaged one and it’s clearly the worst paint job. I don’t plan on using the large eyes at all yet the web lines on it are among the best on any Spidey I own across various scales, including 4 in 1/4 in this normal costume. Lol go figure.

Still, I’m going on 6 1/4 Spideys once the new PF hits. It’s nice to display something different so I’ll stick with the torn mask torso. The portrait still came out very well despite the web lines. The face paint and scratches are good, really drives home the intense situation he’s in.

Had this complaint about the PCS 1/3 Video Game Spidey and I see this on various Spideys so not just ragging on this one... I love when the sculptors use the web pattern to blend in the seams but it doesn’t mean you don’t paint the edges of the seam black...you have to paint the seam edges black so it’ll actually blends in!

I can’t stand this large section in the web pattern. Lol. Minor gripe, they should’ve just sectioned this part better.

I like SS’s shaded blue more than XM’s but I like XM’s vibrant red more than SS’s dull red and orange.

We know how photos are though. Especially close photos of paint jobs. In person this still looks great. My complaints don’t change the fact I’m glad to own this. This is my 4th XM Marvel piece. I rank my Black Panther and Storm above this but I think as collectors we get spoiled on some regards and normalized. Anybody walking into your house would be hella impressed by this.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #625
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Anyone tried to repaint the black lines themself ? Should not be so hard. I'm waiting for mine to come before taking decisions.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #626
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looks good. Thanks for sharing those pics.

Yeah sucks those black lines weren't painted that well. I have the XM Mary Jane Spider-Man statue and also had the same problem with the black lines. Seems to be persistent problem by XM when it comes to Spider-Man.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #627
Peedi
The Secret Six

I think I’m not too bothered by it because it’s not just XM. I remember hearing the SS OG Com had issues with the lines and that’s still a coveted statue regardless. Once I got one I was happy the lines on mine were decent. But then some people had issues with the SS PF. I didn’t. Also the JSC Com was hit and miss, a lot of excessive black on that one. But on this one I do have issues with one out of 3 torsos. Not pleased it’s my preferred torso out of the bunch and with the Spidey symbol missing paint like that I’m not sure how mine even passed QC, but still, it’s a common issue with Spideys in general.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #628
Peedi
The Secret Six

Also I didn’t remove the styrofoam from the base in my pics. Lol
Old 12-28-2019, 07:31 PM   #629
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Congrats on your new Spidey! I'll be keeping these two together as well. I'm so impressed with the XM Spidey. The dynamic swinging pose sets this apart from the rest of the Spidey crowd.

Sorry to see your paint issues. That's pretty sloppy. Have you chatted with your contact about a potential replacement?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:03 AM   #630
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post

Congrats on your new Spidey! I'll be keeping these two together as well. I'm so impressed with the XM Spidey. The dynamic swinging pose sets this apart from the rest of the Spidey crowd.

Sorry to see your paint issues. That's pretty sloppy. Have you chatted with your contact about a potential replacement?
Thanks!

I haven’t. I probably should. I got some amazing looking pieces this year but some pretty crappy issues with a few of them. They’ve been corrected though. I suppose this should be the same.