Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Worth a watch?
Bride is, Beyond is just ok.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:53 AM   #26472
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

2 War time movies 1917 & Midway

1917 9.5/10

I really enjoyed this. The camera shots on some of the scenes were very well done. Hence that’s why they won an Oscar for Best Cinematography. Not historically accurate but very entertaining. Not a typical war movie where it’s very gory or have a lot of body counts. Actor George MacKay did a very good job. You just wanted to root for him.

Midway 6.5/10

More action sequences than 1917 but I always believe less is more. In this case, 1917 easily wins. The storyline was ok but there was a lot of CGI in this film. What felt flat was the acting. I really didn’t care for any of the characters.

This ones easy, 1917 wins and is well worth the watch.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:05 AM   #26473
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Bloodshot. 3/10
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #26474
ukshaun
Hercules

Halloween (1978) 7.3/10

I have watched Halloween (1978) in the past on both TV and DVD
Last-night i watched Halloween (1978) on Blu-ray.
Not the widely criticised 2007 release, but the 2013 35th Anniversary release.

I was surprised at how well the film holds up, even in 2020
There are occasions when film feels dated, notably during the scenes that feature slightly goofy acting. Over all, it still manages to make the viewer, me atleast, feel uneasy from time to time. The Blu-ray manages to make the film looks about as good as it possibly can.

I located a comparison video on YouTube:
"Halloween" (1978) Blu-ray comparison, 2007 and 2013 editions, v2
The video clearly exposes the difference between the 2007 and 2013 Blu--ray releases.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:17 AM   #26475
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

3 From Hell - 6.5/10

Mildly disappointing compared to the first two entries, but still enjoyable. Felt like an unnecessary continuation of the anti-hero theme established in The Devil’s Rejects. As time passes I actually have come to appreciate Ho1C more than Rejects for it’s full on relentless depiction of these reprehensible characters. I didn’t expect it but I think 3FH would’ve been better if they’d have steered them back to their roots and come full circle.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #26476
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
3 From Hell - 6.5/10

Mildly disappointing compared to the first two entries, but still enjoyable. Felt like an unnecessary continuation of the anti-hero theme established in The Devil’s Rejects. As time passes I actually have come to appreciate Ho1C more than Rejects for it’s full on relentless depiction of these reprehensible characters. I didn’t expect it but I think 3FH would’ve been better if they’d have steered them back to their roots and come full circle.

The same here, Ho1C is a grower. It without doubt gets better, funnier with each new viewing
3FH i have yet to see it.

A post from 2019:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Neca Cult Classics - House of a 1000 Corpses - Captain Spaulding 7" Figure (Series 1)

R.I.P.
Today i discovered actor Sid Haig, who played Captain Spaulding in Rob Zombie's House of 1000
Corpses, passed away last month on Saturday September 21st aged 80. Sad sad news..

Many years ago i picked up a 7" figure of Captain Spaulding sporting a Hot Dog T-shirt. I never
kept the box, and possibly have the accessories stored somewhere?
Needless to say, i was blissfully unaware of the existence of 1/4 statues.

Wouldn't it be great if Sideshow Collectibles released a 1/4 scale Captain Spaulding
Q. Is Ho1C worth upgrading from DVD to Blu-ray?
Sometimes lower quality can add to the trashy-ness
Old 03-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #26477
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Captain Spaulding is my favorite by far in the series. The scenes in Ho1C with him are pure gold! Haig’s passing is unfortunate and his lack of presence in 3FH is significant. Richard Brake’s character is cool but feels more like an extension of Otis than an adequate replacement for Spaulding.

As far as the Ho1C BD Vs DVD, while not the best transfer due to how old the release is the BD is certainly worth the upgrade and the improved clarity doesn’t polish up the grimly look of the film at all either. That said the brilliant and hilarious Spaulding DVD menu system is unfortunately missing.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:46 PM   #26478
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Captain Spaulding is my favorite by far in the series. The scenes in Ho1C with him are pure gold! Haig’s passing is unfortunate and his lack of presence in 3FH is significant. Richard Brake’s character is cool but feels more like an extension of Otis than an adequate replacement for Spaulding.

As far as the Ho1C BD Vs DVD, while not the best transfer due to how old the release is the BD is certainly worth the upgrade and the improved clarity doesn’t polish up the grimly look of the film at all either. That said the brilliant and hilarious Spaulding DVD menu system is unfortunately missing.
I'll have to upgrade to Blu-ray and hang onto the DVD

The Ho1C Blu-ray cover artwork fails to match the original DVD artwork.
Maybe they wanted to give the impression the movie was similar to The Devils Rejects?
Old 03-28-2020, 03:45 PM   #26479
nearmint
Phoenix

Logan Lucky(2017) 7/10

Goofy but fun heist movie.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:57 AM   #26480
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

21 Bridges - 5.5/10

A bit cliched and predictable but still a decent cops & robbers film with a solid cast.