Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-07-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Bloodshot (2020)

Okay, so I'm making this thread because I haven't seen anything significant about this film really and I know it's being made and is supposed to be out in February next year.

I find it really odd that Sony Pictures has done squat to promote this film yet and we're about 5 months from the release date. I think I've seen more about BoP and even Bond, which doesn't come out until next spring, than this movie.

Now there was some news, this action figure showed up at NYCC https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/vin-di...t-look-at-nycc, and there's an article with a snippet from an interview with one of the production executives, here: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/bloods...-universe-nycc , he says a trailer is coming.

That's all I've found, and this thing stars Vin Diesel, so you know they put some cash into it. I just find it odd that a big budget comic book film is getting very little promotion this late into it's cycle unless they plan on pushing out the release date.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Thanks for that. Everything I had read over the last couple weeks said it would be out November 1st

The trailer is kinda meh...I'll wait for the movie of course but I'm not really inspired by this.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

"meh" is right, looks like diesels typical fair. im not familiar enough with the character, does he go back to looking human often? he only resembled the character for a split second in the trailer, for the rest it was dom from F&F
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #5
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
"meh" is right, looks like diesels typical fair. im not familiar enough with the character, does he go back to looking human often? he only resembled the character for a split second in the trailer, for the rest it was dom from F&F
Not that I remember. He was pretty much always that ashen grey with red eyes. They don't even seem to be giving him his tactical wear. I'm almost certain that's Vin just not wanting to be in the make-up chair.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:59 PM   #6
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Okay, so I went back to the '92 Bloodshot and also read some of the newer one from 2017.

While in the 92' version it does appear that he can control how he looks slightly it's much more pronounced in the 2017 version, which I think is what they're basing this movie off of.

Still though, in the new comic he spends the majority of his time in full Bloodshot mode.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:57 AM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

yeah, no comic accurate look = no sale for me. jennifer lawrence became completely unwatchable as mystique as she refused to look like the character she was playing. if youre not going to do it right, just dont bother
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

I saw one review in the movie thread. Did anyone else brave the pandemic to go out to see this movie?
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #9
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Most of our cinemas are closed.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #10
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I saw one review in the movie thread. Did anyone else brave the pandemic to go out to see this movie?
I was actually planning on going tomorrow at the Alamo but the Alamo shut down last night.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote