Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-14-2014, 03:27 AM   #11
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Why does every keep saying "I doubt this line will continue for very long"? Kotobukiya has released one statue to be purchased, one. Cammy can be preordered, so two. But if you count it as in stores today that you can it, there is one statue. It is a little too early to be all "oh they are making Chun-Li, Cammy, and Sakura, this was fun while it lasted". Yes, Kotobukiya is making the popular characters, you know how you get them to make the Rose's and R. Mika's of the world, ya spend your money on the ones they release so they are profitable to the company and they see it as a worthwhile venture to make more characters, less popular and different characters in the future. This isn't like Star Wars where they make anyone with a lightsaber and people buy it. Or Tekken where they make any woman barely clothed and call it a Tekken character. Be patient. If they make a Rose it be because the line is popular and profitable to Kotobukiya. Kotobukiya didn't make Jubilee the first Marvel Bishoujo for a reason, they picked popular characters to see if the line would be profitable and popular enough to eventually make Jubilee later on, once the Marvel Bishoujo's were a success. Calm down...I need to calm down. Look at this rambling nonsense. As long as Kotobukiya keeps making those weird transgender movie ladies, there is still hope for a Rose, R. Mika, Makoto, Ibuki, C. Viper, Elena, Poison, Decapre, Ingrid, Juni, Juli, Karin, and Maki (I ain't listing the EX characters) Bishoujo statues sometime in the future.....unless they stop making them and pitch the license like the Mass Effect ones, HA!
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #12
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato1381 View Post
Why does every keep saying "I doubt this line will continue for very long"? Kotobukiya has released one statue to be purchased, one. Cammy can be preordered, so two. But if you count it as in stores today that you can it, there is one statue. It is a little too early to be all "oh they are making Chun-Li, Cammy, and Sakura, this was fun while it lasted". Yes, Kotobukiya is making the popular characters, you know how you get them to make the Rose's and R. Mika's of the world, ya spend your money on the ones they release so they are profitable to the company and they see it as a worthwhile venture to make more characters, less popular and different characters in the future. This isn't like Star Wars where they make anyone with a lightsaber and people buy it. Or Tekken where they make any woman barely clothed and call it a Tekken character. Be patient. If they make a Rose it be because the line is popular and profitable to Kotobukiya. Kotobukiya didn't make Jubilee the first Marvel Bishoujo for a reason, they picked popular characters to see if the line would be profitable and popular enough to eventually make Jubilee later on, once the Marvel Bishoujo's were a success. Calm down...I need to calm down. Look at this rambling nonsense. As long as Kotobukiya keeps making those weird transgender movie ladies, there is still hope for a Rose, R. Mika, Makoto, Ibuki, C. Viper, Elena, Poison, Decapre, Ingrid, Juni, Juli, Karin, and Maki (I ain't listing the EX characters) Bishoujo statues sometime in the future.....unless they stop making them and pitch the license like the Mass Effect ones, HA!
I hope you are right. I quess my pre-emptive sense of disappointment over this coming to an end stems from the many previous SF licensed lines making a couple of the most popular characters and calling it quits. There has to be at least 50 versions of Chun Li out there and like 0 versions of Rose, Karin, Ingrid, etc... I have been conditioned to expect the same thing again.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #13
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I'm glad they're finally doing Sakura! Of course it's too much to hope for the comments to actually be about Sakura. Instead it's just a bunch of whining.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #14
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

saving monies for Sakura

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #15
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I'm glad they're finally doing Sakura! Of course it's too much to hope for the comments to actually be about Sakura. Instead it's just a bunch of whining.
Don't worry friendo, I am very excited to be getting a Sakura Street Fighter Bishoujo. She is one of my favorite characters. Every since she was introduced in Street Fighter Alpha 2. Looking forward to her more then Juri or Cammy, and I like both of them too.
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #16
devastator
Frackin!

That art looks complete, nice to know they are that far along with her =)

Rose won Evo last night. Koto needs to get on her asap as her popluarity is most likely at an all time high right now. If im koto I'm on the phone telling Shunya to at least get a silhouette of her ready for SDCC.
devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #17
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastator View Post
That art looks complete, nice to know they are that far along with her =)

Rose won Evo last night. Koto needs to get on her asap as her popluarity is most likely at an all time high right now. If im koto I'm on the phone telling Shunya to at least get a silhouette of her ready for SDCC.
Gotta agree, strike while the iron is hot. Don't get a better time than right after she won at the biggest FG tournament of them all.

Respect to Louffy for managing to take EVO with a PS1 controller too, crazy.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
If you don't like whining, then stop whining. Believe it or not, every comment is not made in order please you.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Yay, finally Sakura

I have the Max Factory one which also looks great IMO! But the pose is kinda weird (see my pic below the stock pic to see what I mean).

mine:
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #20
TheStig88
The X-Men

Definitely a funky pose, I like it though. Quite different from what you tend to get. Don't suppose you've got Max Factory's Morrigan too? I want to seethe in envy over her aftermarket price if you do.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote