Name:	Screenshot_20231201_054343_com.instagram.android_edit_132695165799542.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	166274  
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 02:11 AM   #2
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Jeez wheres the 1 /10 ? the first rex attack isso amazing and have had no follow up ,
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:19 AM   #3
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

hmm.. I'm about to cancel my Nedry/Dilo piece, just not feeling some of these newer ones. Now ..this one looks like the Dominion Rex design , why ?
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:35 AM   #4
karauak
Fantastic Four

Unfortunately, Iron Studios wasted such a good start. They gave us some really beautiful statues like sick triceratops.
Unfortunately their latest products are a joke, my last two are Velociraptor TLW and Nedry.

I'm switching completely to Prime1
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:33 AM   #5
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by karauak View Post
Unfortunately, Iron Studios wasted such a good start. They gave us some really beautiful statues like sick triceratops.
Unfortunately their latest products are a joke, my last two are Velociraptor TLW and Nedry.

I'm switching completely to Prime1
Such a shame they are going 1/20 scale, so small. Pricing is just insane also, I bet this will cost almost the same as the 1/10 t-rex they released many years ago.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 05:58 PM   #6
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Absolutely thrilled they are doing this. The Gennaro Rex looks good so hopefully that and this will look good in person too.

But I did also think why not 1/10? Surely they can do a Rex and car in 1/10.

Does this also mean they do have the rights to do statues of the jeep? Is that a new thing or did they always have the choice?
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:31 AM   #7
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
hmm.. I'm about to cancel my Nedry/Dilo piece, just not feeling some of these newer ones. Now ..this one looks like the Dominion Rex design , why ?
They traced over one of the FK promotional renders for this doodle. I'm guessing (hoping) the final product one will not be 1:1 to this concept art.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 08:23 PM   #8
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m not a fan of iron studios’ pieces past a certain point. I think their eyes exceed their capabilities and the sculpts just aren’t doing it for me. The nedry face is awful, the two raptors sculpts are awful, the Gennaro rex just looks out of place and not reminiscent enough of the scene. I could be in the minority, but they’re just not for me. I’m interested to see how this one turns out, but I’m not hopeful. I hope everyone who likes their pieces are happy with them.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 01:07 AM   #9
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

This is still potentially another year out from preorder anyway. They teased the raptor hatchling scene a year ago and that just went up for preorder.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 05:45 PM   #10
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I?m not a fan of iron studios? pieces past a certain point. I think their eyes exceed their capabilities and the sculpts just aren?t doing it for me. The nedry face is awful, the two raptors sculpts are awful, the Gennaro rex just looks out of place and not reminiscent enough of the scene. I could be in the minority, but they?re just not for me. I?m interested to see how this one turns out, but I?m not hopeful. I hope everyone who likes their pieces are happy with them.
I?m happy with what I have - Triceratops, raptor vs Muldoon, attacking raptor, Malcolm? the earlier pieces are the best. The Nedry piece could be better but I?m getting it as it?s a statue I?ve always wanted and it looks good besides the likeness.
Rex vs Gennaro looks good as long as the production pieces hold up, but they seem to be getting more cartoony than realistic.

I?m sticking with them as I love dioramas. And at the rate they?re going there?s not that many scenes they can still do if they?re sticking with the human/dinosaur theme - Gallimimus stampede, Ellie and raptor in the maintenance shed, Grant and the kids with the Brachi in the tree? that?s all that come to mind now, unless they do Grant kicking the raptor in the air vent lol.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote