Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-29-2016, 10:51 PM   #31
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamactius View Post
No, they're just feeding you BS. I think it has a lot to do with you living in another country and them not wanting to cover the shipping. I'm getting sick of Sideshow's QC issues, and that's why I have hardly anything on order from them. That and the fact that they're flooding the market with their own statues, which will inevitably decrease their value.
I really think this plays a role these days. SS won't let Canadian ADs order anything expensive anymore as a cost cutting measure, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Plus they know it is a ----- for non-US collectors to have to return something and jump through hoops to get their tax money back from their respective gov. My guess is that many collectors begrudgingly take a paltry discount because of it.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #32
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I just got my Oglavaeil and it came without the cloak, and has clear signs on the box that it was a returned statue. I think someone either failed to return his cloak, or they forgot to repack it.

I've sent in some emails asking for the cloak to actually be sent to me so i can have an actual complete staute. This is like your spiderman being sent to you with no heads.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:33 AM   #33
Gatestar
Frackin!

I have this statue coming to me in the UK in a few months. I have never had to return to Sideshow but do they cover shipping back?
Gatestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:52 AM   #34
sathz666
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I really think this plays a role these days. SS won't let Canadian ADs order anything expensive anymore as a cost cutting measure, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Plus they know it is a ----- for non-US collectors to have to return something and jump through hoops to get their tax money back from their respective gov. My guess is that many collectors begrudgingly take a paltry discount because of it.
its abosultely a fact abt the tax money back part... i remember it always happened to me a few years back..
i got a ----_ty statue, den i get ripped off by fedex for their admin fee and den a punch in the nuts by govt customs, cos i cant get back my taxed $$.
sathz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #35
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatestar View Post
I have this statue coming to me in the UK in a few months. I have never had to return to Sideshow but do they cover shipping back?
If your statue has issues, they agree with, you will be asked to destroy it and send pictures.
If you don't like it or they deem it acceptable you would need to pay for it to be returned.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:11 AM   #36
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I've already seen the Ex go for close to retail, so I don't see any reason to get too mad about it. It's not like it's going to be hard to get this secondhand. These are still readily available if your patient.
U.K is a different market place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
So how may "spares" do you think they make for a run? 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%, 25%, 50%? The Spiderman is on a waitlist so that means all sold out unless someone returns or CC fails or changed their mind.
Doesn't matter how many they, initially, produce. They need to fix issues as they are reported or invest more into Q.C so they're not sending out a large percentage of shoddy work to trusting customers.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #37
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
we can also provide you a $30.00/50.00 Sideshow credit for the marks on the legs
LOL. You know, I often saw/see this on eBay from sellers who advertise new product but then ship you used crap and then try to offer you a partial refund to get you to keep the item you didn't order to begin with.

Maybe not poor CS, but it's a poor business practice that shouldn't be dismissed just because you can return for refund. For some people it's not that simple...

For such a large company and the leader in this field, I would expect them to afford the measly yearly income of an additional QC person or two. I know they have a ton of product but even the most basic amount of QCing effort would have caught this during quick inspection.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #38
Gatestar
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
If your statue has issues, they agree with, you will be asked to destroy it and send pictures.
If you don't like it or they deem it acceptable you would need to pay for it to be returned.
I have had to deal with customer services as SS before and got replacement head for Dr Doom, but never sent one back.

So if I want to send one back I loose out on shipping cost back to them, so either loose out on shipping or pay for someone to repaint.

But in the UK am I not covered by long distance selling rules, will have to check.
Gatestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #39
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
That's funny i just got e-mail with their shipping label for ups return and they want the badly painted body back before they send me the new replacement body.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #40
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
U.K is a different market place.

Doesn't matter how many they, initially, produce. They need to fix issues as they are reported or invest more into Q.C so they're not sending out a large percentage of shoddy work to trusting customers.
You are assuming its a large percentage. I asked once what their overbuy on parts is, the answer I got was 1.5%. Granted that was a few years ago, but 1.5% is only enough replacements for about 35 statues. That means at 2% damages they are out of parts. Now thats not a high percentage of damages but when on this forum we see 10 people complain about issues loudly all of sudden things get blown out of proportion and people start saying things like "a large percentage of shoddy work" when in reality is a very small percentage that get damages and an even smaller percentage that can't get further replacements. It still sucks for thise that can't get what they need but lets not pretend like the forums are the a huge percentage of statues sold.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote