Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #21
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Honestly, I wish I could add to Sideshow's great customer service thread. Unfortunately, that just isn't possible when you have 13 statues in a row that arrive in perfect condition. So while I can't give praise in regards to thier CS for returns or replacements, I can give praise to the fact that I have now recieved 13 statues in a row without a single issue. So I still give Kudo's to Sideshow, just for different reasons.

Not to mention, in regards to statue design, I think Sideshow has had one of the strongest runs I have seen to date from them over the last 12+ months. It really has just been one solid announcement after another. Thier MotU line looks amazing, thier CotD line is really starting to shine, plus we have seen amazing individual releases. And this is especially true for its female statues.

So yes, Kudo's to Sideshow all the way around. They have really raised thier game back up over the last year or so!!
I agree with your entire statement (long as it usually is ) but I will say I firmly believe the resin base for Sinestro was a mistake. I'm not the only one that had it lean, or even break.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #22
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Yep, totally agree. I bought 7 statues from them last year, and only 1 of them (Jean Gray head) had a minor pinhole issue, but everything else was nearly flawless. I am also not as picky as some collectors, so a blemish here and there, or minor paint outside the lines is no big deal for me.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #23
SuperJ300
Zot

I take it all back!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:47 PM   #24
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Yep, totally agree. I bought 7 statues from them last year, and only 1 of them (Jean Gray head) had a minor pinhole issue, but everything else was nearly flawless. I am also not as picky as some collectors, so a blemish here and there, or minor paint outside the lines is no big deal for me.
I had the exact opposite.
I returned everything but my two Jean PFs.
Returned three Queen of the Deads, wonder woman and a Siren.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:22 PM   #25
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Hmmm have they really changed for the better? Really hope so.
I believe so, unquestionably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I agree with your entire statement (long as it usually is ) but I will say I firmly believe the resin base for Sinestro was a mistake. I'm not the only one that had it lean, or even break.
And here I though I had been doing better as of late with the length of my posts, although I did just make a couple big ones in the print thread.

And unfortunately, I didn't order Sinestro so I really can't speak to the overall quality with that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Yeah, I think its pretty well acccepted that Queen of the Dead was an utter disaster. Even with my luck, I wouldn't even order one due to all of the issues that statue had. I still want one, but that is a statue I would have to see in person to buy.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:00 AM   #26
SDguy

Agree on Queen... sent her back as well
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #27
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I wish my experiences with ss were more like the positive ones in this thread but instead they're more like yours just with different statues. Hate to complain but my experience is based on what they send me.

Positive spin, I have just 2 orders with ss left and one of them is a product they didn't make. I'd love to order more but it's a relief at this point not worrying about if my next statue will come with problems.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #28
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I believe so, unquestionably.

Yeah, I think its pretty well acccepted that Queen of the Dead was an utter disaster. Even with my luck, I wouldn't even order one due to all of the issues that statue had. I still want one, but that is a statue I would have to see in person to buy.
So what are the issues with the queen? I want one in the future so its nice to no what to look at!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #29
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Well done on Sideshow's part.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #30
GaryTonge
Kingpin

What do you guys regard as the statues which have been plagued with the most problems in the last 5 years, which have been the best?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote