Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-29-2016, 04:31 PM   #11
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So they don't have any replacement bodies left? What about all the ones they haven't shipped out yet.

I'd send it back for sure, there's no reason to keep something like that.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #12
SuperJ300
Zot

Maybe if I keep the EX hand and they send me out the regular when it comes to stock?

But having no body replacements is a worrie for others,
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #13
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

They won't let you return the EX hand and send the rest back. You have to send everything back or keep it. I'd send it back for sure. Unfortunately, I've been in that situation several times with Sideshow and you just have to let it go. You'll never look at that statue and be happy with it as-is.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
So they don't have any replacement bodies left? What about all the ones they haven't shipped out yet.

I'd send it back for sure, there's no reason to keep something like that.
Could already be sold.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #15
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

that is bad, sorry to hear. I would have to ship it back or have it repainted.

I don't know what to expect as he twice said that he doesn't have a better copy for you. Maybe take the credit and put toward repairs? Sell the extra parts toward it as well? None are ideal solutions.

The blue reminds me of the original Bowen Thanos issues - same exact problem

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #16
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I don't see poor customer service. It appears to me Daniel didn't notice the body issues on the first e-mail and then did on the second e-mail. He then increased the credit as they don't have an extra body to exchange. Ultimately they will take it back if that is the decision the OP desires. It's a bummer for sure but I don't see a run around or poor customer service.
Agreed. As frustrating as this may be, I don't see this as poor customer service. In fact, the CS rep is trying to give the buyer a suitable option beyond sending it back. Even if the buyer deems the offer insufficient, its still not a bad thing that the CS rep was trying to work with him to find a suitable option other than returning it. If they don't have an extra body to send out, they don't have an extra body to send out. Not much a CS rep can do in a situation like that.

Ultimately, if the buyer is still unsatisfied, which he absolutely should be in this case, he should just send it back. This is simply a case of bad luck as I haven't seen many complaints regarding the paint app on this statue at all. In fact, I was under the impression that the paint app on this was very good for most people. Maybe I am wrong, but that was the impression I got thus far.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #17
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

They've done this to me as well. I like SS and they're really good at giving money back and returns.... But I don't like it when they pull this take it or leave it stuff. How can you not have replacements????? Those pictures show that the piece has an unacceptable paint job. Just send him a new statue. I don't get it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #18
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Ultimately, if the buyer is still unsatisfied, which he absolutely should be in this case, he should just send it back. This is simply a case of bad luck as I haven't seen many complaints regarding the paint app on this statue at all. In fact, I was under the impression that the paint app on this was very good for most people. Maybe I am wrong, but that was the impression I got thus far.
I take it that they've had to replace a large number of body replacements to have none left.

Thanks for sharing your expirences everyone, very helpful to me and hope for anyone else who will have this problem.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #19
azurepred
Zot

I've already seen the Ex go for close to retail, so I don't see any reason to get too mad about it. It's not like it's going to be hard to get this secondhand. These are still readily available if your patient.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #20
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

SS is evil, that is all.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote