Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-31-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

F4F Has the Tekken license!

This is a big deal for me. I'm very excited to see how these turn out and what scale they are.

First two confirmed are Anna and Nina. I wonder if this confirms their return to Tekken 7 too. Would be weird to start off the line with characters not currently in Tekken 7.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Tekken is pretty rockin'.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Interesting news. I don't love the series as much as I used to back in the day, but I might be interested in picking up a few key characters if they settle on 1/6 scale. Any bigger and I'll have to probably move on.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:27 AM   #4
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
How many licenses does F4F need?! LOL.

Seriously--is F4F going to be able to complete ANY lines with the sheer number of licenses they now hold?
Yeah for some reason they've been aggressively getting more and more licenses. At this point they have more under their belt than even companies like Sideshow does, I think. It's pretty crazy and their releases aren't so fast that they could really keep up.

I fear this may have a negative impact on their quality control and release dates.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:38 AM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

wake me up when they do Alex & Roger.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:59 AM   #6
eastWOLF
Frackin!

I'm very excited about this, finally someone has the Tekken license! Just not excited for the characters, I hope they will do Jin, Kazuya, Bryant Fury or Feng Wei.

I hope this line won't fail like how Triad Toys did

Are F4F 1/4 or 1/6?
eastWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:19 AM   #7
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Yeah for some reason they've been aggressively getting more and more licenses. At this point they have more under their belt than even companies like Sideshow does, I think. It's pretty crazy and their releases aren't so fast that they could really keep up.

I fear this may have a negative impact on their quality control and release dates.
Lol - Sideshow has way more licenses.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #8
Peedi
The Secret Six

Yeah, SS has way more and they often have one offs (Master Chief) or long periods where nothing is done with a license (GIJoe, Lord of the Rings).

F4F lists their current line ups:

Capcom All Stars
Castlevania
Kirby
Legend of Zelda
Mario
Mega Man
Metroid
Sega All Stars
Sonic the Hedgehog
Worms

Some are lines within lines, like Zelda where almost each game is a separate line. These are separate from Mario, Metroid and Kirby, but they're all Nintendo. Sonic is Sega but is separate from the Sega line, just as Mega Man is Capcom but there's a separate Capcom line. For each product F4F usually says in the last paragraph on the product's page which line it falls into (ie, Dracula is 1st in the Castlevania line).

The Capcom and Sega All Stars lines cover many characters from those licenses so it makes it seem like many licenses when really the license comes with a bunch of franchises (ie, Sega: NiGHTS, Shenmu, etc...Capcom: Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright, etc) and they might only do 1 or 2 characters from a franchise to fit the overall license. All those characters make it seem like more is going on than there really is.

From Namco, F4F announced Dark Souls a while back so it's unknown if Tekken will be a complete line or be a part of a Namco All Star line up. Either way, since they have a Namco license I'd really like to see SoulCalibur.

But if F4F wants to grow, they need licenses. Their product has been great with their growth so something is working. For what SS is to comics and movies, F4F is becoming for games. I'm happy for them.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #9
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Meh... Tekken is a gone era I think. Not as happening as SF or MK. Plus, they will prolly pump out 1/6 scale characters, another nono.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #10
BurningRage
Inhumans

I might get a few characters from this. They know sex sells so first two statues are females. Hope this line is 1/4 but most likely 1/6 like VF Akira was. I hope they get The King of Fighters license. If PCS got the license we would've got 1/4, 1/3 and life size busts for sure.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote