Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who Would Win: Doctor Doom vs. Darth Vader
Doctor Doom 17 58.62%
Darth Vader 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,093
Doctor Doom vs. Darth Vader

Most know that Kirby's Doctor Doom was the visual inspiration for Lucas' Darth Vader. Who you got to win a battle between these two?
__________________


Gene Colan Dracula? In Hand!!
And The Monster of Frankenstein? In Hand!!
Next? Will we ever see Werewolf by Night?!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
moon_knight1971
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
moon_knight1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!
Posts: 15,750
Going with Doom. Reed's level of intellect plus Dr. Strange level of magic expertise.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,093
I would think control over The Force, which I equate to the Power Cosmic (like The Silver Surfer) would give Vader the edge and the win.
__________________


Gene Colan Dracula? In Hand!!
And The Monster of Frankenstein? In Hand!!
Next? Will we ever see Werewolf by Night?!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
risingstar
SF Reviewer Mod
SF Reviewer
 
risingstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Habs Nation
Posts: 27,071
Doom is definitely adept in the mystic arts but he doesn't have Dr. Strange level of sorcery.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
Thor57
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
Thor57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I would think control over The Force, which I equate to the Power Cosmic (like The Silver Surfer) would give Vader the edge and the win.
I always equated the Force much more to telekinesis and less the power cosmic. Surfers control of the power cosmic reaches the absurd, sometimes equaling matter manipulation. I don't think the Force can do that. But I'm also not up to date on Star Wars outside of the movies.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
Teague
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Teague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 15,178
Power vs. power, I think Vader would win. But it's the Reed-level intellect that throws the wrench into this. Vader is cunning, but he's no genius (I mean, he searched throughout the galaxy for remaining Jedi, but never thought to do an intergalactic phone-book search for anyone named "Kenobi"?). Doom is, and that could give him the edge.

Of course, Doom is also apt to make mistakes due to his massive ego, so there's that, too. And I'd say that the Force is a lot more than just TK, or even mental disciplines as a whole (they include but are not limited to the psi-powers, for sure--I mean, TK, telepathy, mind control, etc, sure--but a lot more too--and the Force Choke alone might be something for which Doom has no counter).

In the end, I'd give the win to Vader, but I'm positive that this could be written either way, and would make complete sense to me.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
moon_knight1971
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
moon_knight1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!
Posts: 15,750
Doom's strongest asset is his mind and will power. I would not be surprised if he could tap into the Force
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:15 AM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Makena's Kennel.
Posts: 33,770
He also hired a bunch of guys who couldn't shoot straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Power vs. power, I think Vader would win. But it's the Reed-level intellect that throws the wrench into this. Vader is cunning, but he's no genius (I mean, he searched throughout the galaxy for remaining Jedi, but never thought to do an intergalactic phone-book search for anyone named "Kenobi"?). Doom is, and that could give him the edge.

Of course, Doom is also apt to make mistakes due to his massive ego, so there's that, too. And I'd say that the Force is a lot more than just TK, or even mental disciplines as a whole (they include but are not limited to the psi-powers, for sure--I mean, TK, telepathy, mind control, etc, sure--but a lot more too--and the Force Choke alone might be something for which Doom has no counter).

In the end, I'd give the win to Vader, but I'm positive that this could be written either way, and would make complete sense to me.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
THECLOWN KNIGHT
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
THECLOWN KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: My room or my office
Posts: 2,987
Doom.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #10
THECLOWN KNIGHT
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
THECLOWN KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: My room or my office
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I always equated the Force much more to telekinesis and less the power cosmic. Surfers control of the power cosmic reaches the absurd, sometimes equaling matter manipulation. I don't think the Force can do that. But I'm also not up to date on Star Wars outside of the movies.
This, I found the Force to be a little overrated.

Vader would think that is fighting Doom and suddenly get whacked by the real Doom from behind, like what happen to all those Jedis in Episode 3.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com