Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #801
Demona
Martian Manhunter

XM managed to make the worst of the Jim Lee XMen designs look good. I mean, sure it’s the wrong color, but the styling is damn nice.

I really have a hard time thinking of what Storm outfit is worse than this one.....
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:39 AM   #802
Peedi
The Secret Six

This is certainly not her best look but it’s arguably her most iconic. It’s 90s. X-Men were super popular in the booming comics industry, trading cards, the growing video games market, and that ultra popular cartoon. And this is what she wore in most of those things at the time. I like this costume for its time and Jim Lee of course drew a decent rendition of it (well, he created it) but some artists make this costume look super ugly and it usually revolves around the rediculous baggy upper sleeves. Those things never made sense but, 90s.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:49 AM   #803
Peedi
The Secret Six

Personally I hate this costume. It looks dumb (is that even an X on her torso?) and the mohawk retread was unnecessary (the original mohawk served a character development point). This represents the de-evolution of Storm as a character. She was a leader and queen...then she threw this thing on (over simplifying) and became a subservient lackey no more important than any other background X-Men character. Storm hasn’t done a single important lasting thing since before AvX but it was all downhill in this costume.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #804
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think Storm's original, Byrne, black bathing suit is her most iconic. Her original is in my top three (3) looks for Storm.

Aside from a Savage Land version of Storm being made (another pipe dream piece), in a heartbeat I would buy a Storm statue with the below design. You could do boots or fully covered leg. Doesn't matter to me. I just love the off-the shoulder look, the piping, and her still rocking the tiara. Sadly I don't see ANY company making a 1:4 in this design. People are too obsessed with her other looks. (side note that 4 outta 5 of those images are my own commissions, so clearly I'm obsessed).

I don't hate Storm's new look like you do Peedi. I kinda like it and think it could make a dynamic statue. As for her storyline, I HATED that they shoe-horned Storm into marrying Black Panther. Seemed totally forced. She rarely interacted with him, even when she was in Africa. She was in a relationship with Wolverine and just dumped him for T'Challa?! Totally not her style, so I was so happy when they divorced. But you're so spot on that she hasn't done much recently. Then again, MOST of the X-Men haven't done much since Disney bought the company and put the focus on Avengers. I hope with the movie equitation rights, Disney puts good writers on X-Men and brings them back to their glory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beilefeld_Storm.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	113379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fernandez_Storm.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	113380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tadeo_Storm.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	113381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yoshii_Storm.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	113382   Click image for larger version

Name:	storm_by_campbell_by_eldelgado.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	423.0 KB
ID:	113383  

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #805
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think Storm's original, Byrne, black bathing suit is her most iconic. Her original is in my top three (3) looks for Storm.

Aside from a Savage Land version of Storm being made (another pipe dream piece), in a heartbeat I would buy a Storm statue with the below design. You could do boots or fully covered leg. Doesn't matter to me. I just love the off-the shoulder look, the piping, and her still rocking the tiara. Sadly I don't see ANY company making a 1:4 in this design. People are too obsessed with her other looks. (side note that 4 outta 5 of those images are my own commissions, so clearly I'm obsessed).

I don't hate Storm's new look like you do Peedi. I kinda like it and think it could make a dynamic statue. As for her storyline, I HATED that they shoe-horned Storm into marrying Black Panther. Seemed totally forced. She rarely interacted with him, even when she was in Africa. She was in a relationship with Wolverine and just dumped him for T'Challa?! Totally not her style, so I was so happy when they divorced. But you're so spot on that she hasn't done much recently. Then again, MOST of the X-Men haven't done much since Disney bought the company and put the focus on Avengers. I hope with the movie equitation rights, Disney puts good writers on X-Men and brings them back to their glory.
I like that costume too, though I'd want the black and gold version over black and silver/white and I'd want the thigh high boots over the pants.

I love her new costume. I think Storm looks bad ass in a mohawk and I think the new costume looks very leader-y.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:43 PM   #806
Peedi
The Secret Six

Your 4th image, that’s my favorite look for Storm. She had several variations of this costume but the yellow trim and full legs version is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Old 05-07-2018, 10:52 PM   #807
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Personally I hate this costume. It looks dumb (is that even an X on her torso?) and the mohawk retread was unnecessary (the original mohawk served a character development point). This represents the de-evolution of Storm as a character. She was a leader and queen...then she threw this thing on (over simplifying) and became a subservient lackey no more important than any other background X-Men character. Storm hasn’t done a single important lasting thing since before AvX but it was all downhill in this costume.
Like this costume, hate the hairstyle.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 AM   #808
SDguy

I actually really like the Uncanny X-force look, even the hair, though I agree with Demona, love her with the tiarra, and agree with Northern, prefer the gold piping....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uncanny_x_force_vol_2___storm_by_anklesnsocks-d5hjqt5.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	113596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ororo_Munroe_(Earth-616)_from_Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_2_1.png
Views:	10
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	113597   Click image for larger version

Name:	5716370-1044620804-Storm.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	113598  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #809
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
At least she still gets love. Psylocke gets squat.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #810
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

ES set at 420

https://www.xm-studios.com/content/s...-po-dates.aspx
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote