Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

New characters for M:UA!

Two new character packs will be hitting XBox Live offering new characters for this pimp game. Here's the story...

Quote:
Activision today announced its plans to release Marvel: Ultimate Alliance downloadable content on Xbox Live Marketplace with new heroes and villains. The eight new characters are the Incredible Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Venom. The Hero Pack and Villain Pack will separately be 500 Microsoft points, the Combined Hero and Villain Pack will be 800 Microsoft points, and individual gamer pic packs will be 80 Microsoft points each.
Nice! I was upset some of these guys didn't make the final cut, but it's all good now. I wonder if a patch will update the team bonuses as well, since Sabretooth is Weapon X, and Cyclops and Nightcrawler are X-Men. Even if they don't, it's cool, my team will get a few new members.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

sweet, I hated the fact cyclops wasn't in ultimate alliance
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
ashley76

Awesome news!!!!
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

No chicks....
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #5
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

And they finally get the Hulk!!! Sweet deal! I'm so getting this game now as soon as I get out of work.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, first Live purchase and I gotta say, the points system really sucks! Ive now got 200 points spare, which will go towards the MUA packs, but then Ill still have 100 left over, to spend on crap like themes etc. Its just weird to me that you cant pay direct transactions up to the cost of the game or whatever you are getting. Just weird.

But yeah, cant wait for this pack, was surprised to even hear Hulk would be in it, seeing as I thought his license was only available to Vivendi and Universal at the moment, great news. With him and Cyclops in the game, Ive got all my favourite MU heroes in one game, barring the punisher of course :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

this is pretty sweet.

One question though, how do you get microsoft gamers points?
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #8
mitchanator
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
this is pretty sweet.

One question though, how do you get microsoft gamers points?
you have to buy a card at a retailer
mitchanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #9
chromesamurai

Or use your credit card on xbox live to buy them.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
chromesamurai

New update on this...

March 23, 2007 - Good news Merry Marvel fans, Activision's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is getting the Hulk in April. Today, Activision announced plans to release its first expansion pack for last year's well-received Marvel RPG.

Marvel: Ultimate Heroes and Villains expansion adds eight new playable characters. Joining the aforementioned green behemoth are Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Hawkeye, Magneto, Venom, Sabretooth and Doctor Doom. Each character comes with new signature powers, skins, dialogue and conversations. And yes, 10 new Achievements are being added, bringing Ultimate Alliance's total to a whopping 60 possible Achievements.

"The signature gameplay of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance has made it a favorite among fans, as well as the best-selling Super Hero game on the Xbox 360 to date," said Rob Kostich, VP of global brand management at Activision. "By adding some of the biggest names in the Marvel Universe to the roster we're enabling Xbox 360 gamers to build a variety of all-new teams and enjoy the epic action in brand new ways."

The content does not add any new areas or villains to battle. But it adds the friggin' Hulk, so that may be reason enough for comic geeks to give the expansion pack a try. The eight characters are also being fitted to match current Marvel team bonuses already in the game. New teams are also being added to take advantage of the expanded roster.

The Ultimate Alliance DLC will be available in three separate packs. Both a Hero and a Villain Pack will be offered (containing four playable characters apiece) for 500 Microsoft Points ($6.25) each. Or you can but the Hero and Villain Pack, which includes all eight new characters for 800 Microsoft Points ($10).