Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 PM   #2471
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstChilin View Post
It is a skeleton but are other 1/4 endos that light?
I wonder how heavy was Hot Toy's 1/4 endoskeleton? Sideshow's new tai-chi posed endo was slated to be 15 lbs. with the base. I wonder just how heavy Sideshow's endo will be just by itself?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #2472
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I owned the hot toys endo and it had to be around the same weight if not less I know it was really light. give me a min and I will weight the sideshow one.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #2473
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

I have the sideshow endo,from years back,it's about 6,5 kilos,feels heavy,most of it is metal.very cool piece.
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #2474
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yea the sideshow one is about 6 lbs but again it's chromed and mostly metal, not even sure they make stuff like that anymore really or at least for that price point. Still excited for mine to come tomorrow
Old 01-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #2475
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Anyone who says smartphone cameras are good have never used a real digital camera. I've only ever used $650 smartphones and the cameras on those are ---- compared to just my $300 digital camera I used to have. Granted that camera was no $600 camera but it was vastly superior to smartphone cameras.

I agree that smartphone cameras are decent as long as you use them right but they are worthless for high res shots.

With that said, I no longer judge Terminator products without my own eyes being laid upon them. It has been years of picture debacles for Terminator stuff, I refuse to take part in it any longer. Clearly few people have access to mid-high end digital cameras anymore because SP cams were good enough for them. So I see no reason to bother with judging user pictures any longer.
Really? We are not selling these pics in a gallery here, SP cameras are plenty good enough for internet posting when correctly composed. I have a "$600 camera" and while of course it is better, quality SP cameras are fine and are all most people have now. Technique is usually the problem, not the camera.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 PM   #2476
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just got a PayPal notice, forgot I had this guy on order. Thank God I didn't pay in full, final production pics look like - - -. Sorry to anyone that feels let down by this piece. Looks wayyy to plastic
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #2477
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Unfortunately you are correct but I'll have to see when I get the in hand pics
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #2478
darb

just received mine today and first impression is that it is light but seems solid if that makes sense. It doesn't have a plastic feel to it at all as its made with some type of resin. The details are sharp and not at all soft as some people have mentioned and every inch of it has some sort of detail. This is smaller overall as it should be than the old ss one, this design was slimmed down to actually fit inside Arnold.

It did have a couple issues which are the pegs on the base were a tight squeeze to get in and some of the paint work is kinda messy. not sure if that is an issue with all or just this one. the color is dark but photographs lighter and most likely will shine more in bright lights.

overall tho I am happy with it and can look at this for hours really just soaking up the details. here are a few pics and if you want more let me know and I will take them.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #2479
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Thank god there aren't forums for everyday items or I'd never be on the internet.

I can just see it, "Just bought some bananas, forgot I put them in my shopping cart. Thank god I saved my receipt, they don't look as good as they did at the store. Sorry to anyone that feels let down by the bananas. Looks wayyy too fruity".
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #2480
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks darb for the pics. Best set yet for this endo in my humble opinion. Just out of curiosity, are the two small flex hoses in the back near the waist area missing?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote