Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 07-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #31
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Settle down Al.
Be careful Ken! I will leave this place and start my own forum and all the SF members will follow me!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #32
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Be careful Ken! I will leave this place and start my own forum and all the SF members will follow me!
Old 07-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #33
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Great info but man that interviewer was weird.
Totally agree lol. 99% of the interviews with Bowen always seems to ask "eh" questions imo.

I'll be super happy to see Bowen used elsewhere though it's going to be super interesting to see his first sculpt since all this went down.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #34
Davidian
Omega Flight

Hmm, that is definitely good news. I'm going to be putting all of my Bowen X-Men statues on eBay soon, I wonder if I should rethink that....seeing as he still hasn't made some other characters I would have liked to have...i.e Jubilee, etc.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #35
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Good new bad news I guess. I hope that other companies let him sculpt in his old style. Perhaps he will do DC for another company and then Marvel when he comes back in 5 years.

I just hope he comes back with his minimalistic comic accurate style.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:21 PM   #36
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Great info but man that interviewer was weird.
Agreed. Some simple editing could have at least made that interview appear more professional.

Great to see that Randy still has a strong desire to come back. 2021 seems like a long time but I bet he'll come out of the gate running.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #37
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Good new bad news I guess. I hope that other companies let him sculpt in his old style. Perhaps he will do DC for another company and then Marvel when he comes back in 5 years.

I just hope he comes back with his minimalistic comic accurate style.
I was actually thinking that freelancing for DC Direct could be a perfect marriage and a return to his roots so to speak. Their product is closer to what he is known for than SSC's and they have vastly improved for the better in the last 5 years or so.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #38
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I've said it before, I'm not really into the DC roster, but a Bowen Batman line would be amazing...throw a 1/6th classic Deathstroke and Doomsday in, maybe a Lobo...yikes.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #39
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I've said it before, I'm not really into the DC roster, but a Bowen Batman line would be amazing...throw a 1/6th classic Deathstroke and Doomsday in, maybe a Lobo...yikes.
I would be broke then!!

Bowen Batman line!!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #40
risingstar
Jedi Order

It would be interesting to see what it would take to get collectors to embrace the 1/6-1/7 scale line again. For whatever reason, many collectors seemed to have since moved on to 1/4 scale and haven't looked back. You'd think there would be a scramble of some kind to fill the Bowen void but it hasn't really happened to any large degree which serves as some kind of compelling narrative on the subject. Is it Bowen or nothing for fans of that scale?

Also, good or bad, 2016 appears to feature a new generation of fan who seem to have no idea who the Beetle, Wrecker, and Leader might be. While that may seem a shame to many of us old fogies, it likely is a sign of what lies ahead. If you ask around, many new collectors are generally fans of the movies and cartoons who likely have rarely picked up a comic book. To be fair, no one can expect or ask today's 20 year olds to share our knowledge and love for 50+ years of comics history. They had and continue to have way more things to compete for their leisure time than we ever did, not the least of which is gaming and the internet. Also, so many of those comics we read likely read quite dated today.

The online discussion dynamic has changed too. In other company threads, when you point out (often glaring) flaws in costume design, pose, and personality, you can practically hear the crickets in the room. This isn't a new thing anymore. It also doesn't appear to be as cool to own an awesome sculpture of the Executioner or Klaw as it might be to own a statue with an edition size of 250 which some appear to hope weighs 50 pounds. The landscape of the hobby has certainly changed. While I'm still happy to be a hobbyist, it appears that with every passing year, my interests become less the norm.

P.S. It's a shame the mini-busts trend has all but disappeared. Those were fun.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote