Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: Sentry: What do YOU think of him?
Great Character - Bat_Collector is a hater and doesn't know what he's talking about. 7 13.46%
Lame Character - If only I could forget he existed . 26 50.00%
Don't Know - Has potential, but could go either way 14 26.92%
Don't Know, Don't Care - bat_collector is a MOMO! 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #41
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Aw, damn, I voted before the poll was altered!
Me too dude.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #42
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever View Post
All these people that compare him to Superman are missing the point. Have you even READ any Sentry stories? He's nothing like Superman! Schizophrenic human with power from a serum and an alien from another planet who has power from Earth's sun are two totally different concepts. Try reading stuff before you comment, folks.
So having the majority of Supermans power's, a cape and a big letter S on his chest makes him nothing like Superman?

I guess Deadpool/Wade Wilson and Deathstroke/Slade Wilson is just a happy coincidence too.

We're not saying the hack origin is similar, it's just most of the other elements.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #43
Devils Drifter
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I really liked the initial idea and bought the Sentry trade, but the result was really weak, especially the lame-ass conclusion. But reintegrating him into the MU was the worst decision of all. As far as I can tell, Sentry's potential has already been recognized in the original story by Jenkins and Lee. He was created for a well-defined purpose, it was told in a story, and it ended. There's really nowhere for him to go from there, and this is probably the only time you'll ever hear me say that about any comic character.
Totally agree. I loved the trade because it felt like a finished story. I even purchased an original art work page of the series for my brother, the scene where he was shedding a tear in front of his mansion (I forget what it was called). I think they blew it big time by trying to bring him back in, it made everything that happened in the trade kind of a waste.

- DD
Devils Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:50 AM   #44
whd
Suicide Squad

I really enjoyed the original Sentry mini. The related one-shots felt like they were thrown together at the last minute and didn't really add anything to the main story. The new mini-series was okay, but didn't capture the magic of the original. Mainly it was like reading the original mini again, except the mystery was missing.

I think the main issue people have with Sentry is that he represents the New Avengers comic, in which after two years nothing really happens and everybody stands around a lot. When they do get in a fight they get beat up by rogue Shield agents and ninjas. The same villains that Daredevil regularly beat up when his book was written by Bendis. Weird...
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #45
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

BEST POLL EVER!!!!! someone should restart it, so I can vote accordingly
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote