Old 08-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #641
vinnnie
Luke Cage

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #642
dechirico7
The Flash

Received that email.
It sure would be fun to paint the pillow. I don't have the $$$ right now though,
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #643
ukshaun
Hercules

Mandy with Zebra pillow by Electric Tiki

Excellent statue, really well cast and and painted.

10/10
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #644
Toph
Doh!

Hello everyone.....been a lurker here for a long time. Always enjoying seeing and admiring everyone's work. Here's my solution for the Mandy Marquette since I lack any real sturdy shelving in my small home plus living in the Palm Springs area I'm also afraid of a small earth quake shaking it off a shelf. So I came up with this Prototype miniature Stool/Step-stool scaled to the Marquette with some slight tweaking to the scale since I wanted something sturdy since the Marquette was never made with a stand in mind. Since this is a prototype I'm leaving the wood unfinished. The next 2 will be of a darker hardwood....most likely Black Walnut. One I'm keeping, the other is for Dean Yeagle. Here's it is sitting on my computer desk...hope you like it.

Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #645
built2shred
Phoenix

I live in Palm Springs also, I use Quake Hold (Museum Putty) works awesome and is easy to remove from the statue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
Hello everyone.....been a lurker here for a long time. Always enjoying seeing and admiring everyone's work. Here's my solution for the Mandy Marquette since I lack any real sturdy shelving in my small home plus living in the Palm Springs area I'm also afraid of a small earth quake shaking it off a shelf. So I came up with this Prototype miniature Stool/Step-stool scaled to the Marquette with some slight tweaking to the scale since I wanted something sturdy since the Marquette was never made with a stand in mind. Since this is a prototype I'm leaving the wood unfinished. The next 2 will be of a darker hardwood....most likely Black Walnut. One I'm keeping, the other is for Dean Yeagle. Here's it is sitting on my computer desk...hope you like it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #646
Toph
Doh!

Although "Quake Hold" seems like pretty safe stuff as I do have a bottle of the stuff but only use it on glassware or porcelain. I'm also very intent on preserving any collectible I purchase and anything stuck to the underside of this Marquette and pressing/stuck against its information Label, Edition number and its artists signature goes against my better judgement Although it claims to be safe I'd rather not take a chance on any long term contact on what I feel is an important part of a collectible. I feel anything like a painted surface, a label or writing on that could be pulled off or have a chemical reaction to shouldn't have anything pressed against especially for what these cost. Just my opinion and rather not find out I was right.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:43 PM   #647
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
Although "Quake Hold" seems like pretty safe stuff as I do have a bottle of the stuff but only use it on glassware or porcelain. I'm also very intent on preserving any collectible I purchase and anything stuck to the underside of this Marquette against its information Label, edition number and its artists signature goes against my better judgement and although it claims to be safe I'd rather not take a chance on any long term contact on what I feel is an important part of anything written or painted that could be pulled off especially for what these cost. Just my opinion and rather not find out I was right.
Well then you risk losing your statues to an earthquake. More risk of that than the museum putty doing any damage. Hope you are ok with your decision.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:53 AM   #648
Toph
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Well then you risk losing your statues to an earthquake. More risk of that than the museum putty doing any damage. Hope you are ok with your decision.
I'm not at risk anymore than you are.....its not sitting on the edge of a shelf 4-6 feet up in the air ...its on a heavy stable table and any earth quake above a certain level won't save either yours or mine no matter how much goo you stick on it and I've gone thru many shakers for the last 40 plus years without losing one thing.
This is my opinion only and neither a recommendation to anyone here of how they should mount or display their things and my reason only of why I don't use the stuff for some applications. I'm only showing what I do and anyone here can decide for themselves what they feel like doing. I have also stated in one of my last posts I DO NOT have any real place on a shelf to display this particular type of Marquette and this is the alternative I came up with.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #649
built2shred
Phoenix

You don't need to cover the entire bottom of the base with it, I put three small balls of it over blank areas of the base and then push down and twist the base just a bit and bam it's locked in.... It comes off really easy leaving no residue at all.. I only use it on bases that are somewhat unbalanced like Batman and Superman PF's, other bases like Aquaman aren't going anywhere so you don't need to put it on those type of statues..

Anyways it was just a suggestion...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #650
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Tracy and Mr. Yeagle should consider releasing a custom, complimentary base of some sort to address some collector concerns with her display. These acrylic bases just don't seem sturdy enough for those susceptible to quakes or general movement of any kind.

ukshaun and Toph have the right idea with their custom bases.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote