Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #401
rofa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

just saw it on sideshow live..........looks really good!
rofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #402
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Easy pass, unfortunately.

The legs look really weird (too big) and on top of that, the colored bands on them look absolutely awful.

The search for the perfect Captain America PF continues...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #403
rofa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

https://youtu.be/jmoNTSbjI4k
rofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:32 PM   #404
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
In what way exactly? All the armor plating just diminishes the "super" aspect of "super-soldier." Cap never needed body armor to stay in the game. If he wanted to protect his shoulders that's what his shield was for.
Not true. See attachment.

Overall, I like the suit but I feel they crossed that line of going overboard with details, tech lines, etc. Just one example, a star in the front is great. A star in the back though?? A bit too much patriotism, Steve?

The pose is fine, but again I feel they erred by having too much expression rather than too little. That's a serious abdominal thrust with Cap's posture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	armor-cap.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	111803  
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #405
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I like this piece a lot. It's a melding of modern Cap and Sideshow's own creative license. I am drawn to pieces that are loaded with detail and this piece has it abundance. I also like the pose as it exudes strength and fortitude. I am not really a traditionalist when it comes to my comic book characters as statues even though I grew up with those classic costumes. More times then not they just don't look that compelling to me in statue form.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #406
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i look at the armor as a way of keeping his costume from getting torn to shreds every single mission, not so much as protection for him
lmao, what?!? C'mon dude, you know as well as I do this Cap belongs in Halo. Its too bad, because It's not Bel's fault. He's just sculpting what his contract and his micro managers tell him to sculpt.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #407
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Pose looks good from certain angles awkward from others, i'll likely be passing on this one.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:37 AM   #408
slynger
Hellboy

I like the detail, they just went overboard and put that detail in the wrong spots on this Cap. Also, from several angles his pose looks twisted and very odd. Definitely an Igo direction (you can tell when placed next to Superman pics). Overall, just to busy of a costume.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #409
Peedi
The Secret Six

So this is Captain America in an Iron Man armor with Captain America colors.

From a sculpting perspective this is a nice piece of art to look at. The details are interesting. This statue is a head turner and I imagine once you look past the statue collector who’s used to everything and has a very set idea of what they want and instead focus on the typical normal person looking at this without a strong beholding to comics and probably more exposure to these characters through the movies, video games and other media representations where the costumes change frequently anyway, those people would get a kick out of this. Job very well done.

I like my comic character statues closer to comic but still, this is a nice work of art. It is good sideshow does different versions. I’ll be waiting for when they return to the normal comic costumes.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #410
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
So this is Captain America in an Iron Man armor with Captain America colors.

From a sculpting perspective this is a nice piece of art to look at. The details are interesting. This statue is a head turner and I imagine once you look past the statue collector who’s used to everything and has a very set idea of what they want and instead focus on the typical normal person looking at this without a strong beholding to comics and probably more exposure to these characters through the movies, video games and other media representations where the costumes change frequently anyway, those people would get a kick out of this. Job very well done.

I like my comic character statues closer to comic but still, this is a nice work of art. It is good sideshow does different versions. I’ll be waiting for when they return to the normal comic costumes.
I agree, not being a Marvel reader since the 90s, this piece screams Movie influence, They bulk Chris Evans up significantly with layers of "armor" and straps, even the design lines on his more recent suits are very similar to those seen in this piece.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote