Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #81
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I would recommend that you PO it on the 200th day, that way you won't be sitting around with the long face like everyone who has paid off their Valkyrie and Succubus statues, not realizing that the ARH definition of shipping "immediately" means somewhere in the grey area of six or so months, give or take a debacle or two.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #82
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I would recommend that you PO it on the 200th day, that way you won't be sitting around with the long face like everyone who has paid off their Valkyrie and Succubus statues, not realizing that the ARH definition of shipping "immediately" means somewhere in the grey area of six or so months, give or take a debacle or two.
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 AM   #83
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
That's amazing to hear and I appreciate it. I won't lie... it was a real struggle..
I can imagine. I digitally paint on my Surface Pro and it's a struggle in 2D, 3D... it's gotta be a whole other level. I've been thinking of using the DD statue as a reference and painting the scene from a different angle than the original painting.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #84
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Nah I don't get a long face over this stuff. In the end it is just a hobby. I have 3 pieces out in the hands of different talented painters that have been there for months (not Barbarian, just sent that one) and in one case over a year and that is just for paint. Things happen and problems arise for everybody. For me if my hobby caused me a lot of stress I would find a new hobby.

My Kane with Tentacles has been stuck in NY customs for a week for some reason.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #85
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'm sticking with the hobby, just finding a more reputable and honest supplier. It's always stressful when you are victimized and treated with disregard and contempt.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #86
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
My Kane with Tentacles has been stuck in NY customs for a week for some reason.
Darrin, that sucks. Hopefully you will get it soon. Mine will ship next week.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #87
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

IMO high statue prices are based on :
  1. hype from a company releasing more and more from a series, where customers are chasing past releases for completism. More often than not, the first few releases are the most sought after
  2. how awesome or unique the sculpt is eg. ES size or originality, despite new releases from other/same companies. There's always something new and better in the future

ARH niche seems to be unique and not challenged by other companies, so it should be able to hold its value in a very niche market. With so many other licenses and producers in the market, money is the issue now and where to spend that limited amount on.

Quote:
So I'm about two years into the hobby and have not experienced what happens to the value of a statue when a company goes bankrupt. On one hand, maybe they will go up because they are not being made anymore, but what I'm afraid of is that they will lose their value because people who followed ARH will move to follow another company.

What's the opinions of some of the old heads here? Are my ARH statues going to become gold mines or should I be dumping them while ARH is still brain dead and on life support?
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #88
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
I'm sticking with the hobby, just finding a more reputable and honest supplier. It's always stressful when you are victimized and treated with disregard and contempt.
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote