Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #2511
daz1999
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
My breakout-rex arrived today. Think i will open the package tomorrow after work.
I don't know how you can do that, I'm like a kid a xmas when I get a statue delivered haha
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #2512
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1212 View Post
That one looks pretty rough overall.
Actually the pics that i've posted are from two different pieces, one from an unsatisfied customer on SF that hasn't bought directly and the other was posted in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger1212 View Post
The only thing you picture that I can see on mine is the little line of bad casting on the rex's right side cheek. But, even that's about 30% of what I can see on yours, and I can't see it unless shining a light on it and looking closely.
Yeah, but that's the point of a 500$ figure right?
It has to look good under close inspection or shining lighs.
Otherwise i wouldn't have spent two days for 70% only of just one side of the face.

It's a watercolor work in progress and nowhere near Manu's work, but he have to use much better and less time consuming techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
by the way, in the previous photos, there is also a chip on the eye, right?
Yes. On the knees, also.

Here the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
What's going on Toynami? I thought you were the best in the business...
They produce ECC stuff, they are the best in the business. Just not with Chronicle.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #2513
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

"They produce ECC stuff, they are the best in the business. Just not with Chronicle."

You have to factor in price points! I'm sure Toynami does.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #2514
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71man14 View Post
I have them both and they look great. The stego is a lot bigger than the rex though and kind of steals the show. I am probably going to move her
Thanks for that.

I think I'll pass on the Stegosaurus then.

Your collection looks great, by the way!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #2515
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL. View Post
"They produce ECC stuff, they are the best in the business. Just not with Chronicle."

You have to factor in price points! I'm sure Toynami does.
That's true, however I think if you're gonna provide a sample of what you will paint for the price paid, you should stick to it.

If you compare proto to sample pictures, you can see where the toynami painter eye balled the proto while painting the sample and there are quite a few areas where the two match, like certain spot areas, stripes, and in particular the head. But then in production it's clear that painters were not eye balling a prototype, they were eye balling low res pictures of the proto, maybe even printed paper... and they just went everywhere with the paint app. Basically all of the pieces have zero effort put into the snout area unlike the sample, probably because they didn't know any better.

It makes you want to hulk smash something but I guess the factory just wasn't motivated enough to do the job right. I don't care what the toynami rep's excuse is. It might be the greatest excuse in the history of the world, but the truth is the factory just didn't want to do it right because they didn't get paid enough and they got away with it. I like to think those days are now over, moving forward. Either do what you agreed to or don't do it at all so you don't waste everyone else's time and money.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:41 AM   #2516
Oblivion100
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yes mine is in stock! (Belgium) I`ll probably have it by Tuesday-Wednesday.
Oblivion100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:58 AM   #2517
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

If you compare proto to sample pictures, you can see where the toynami painter eye balled the proto while painting the sample and there are quite a few areas where the two match, like certain spot areas, stripes, and in particular the head. But then in production it's clear that painters were not eye balling a prototype, they were eye balling low res pictures of the proto, maybe even printed paper... and they just went everywhere with the paint app. Basically all of the pieces have zero effort put into the snout area unlike the sample, probably because they didn't know any better.
With all do respect that is not how it works. With a cheaper price point they either pay for workers that are either not as skilled as the ones who paint up the ECC pieces (as Toynami has several factories) or they could be the same group of painters but the quota they get to produce a day is either bigger, or they have less time. I think this second option is much more viable.
For a lower price point you you pay for less hours. Anybody who tried their hands in painting knows that it is extremely time consuming. It takes hours and hours to layer paint and achieve translucency. With lower pay they probably are given that they need to complete let's say 5 units in 10 hours. That's 2 hours a piece. Not enough.
And that is one of the reasons why ECC is so expansive. When Steve set out to do ECC he wanted to create the highest quality collectibles and no compromises. CC wants to provide collectibles at a reachable, realistic price point. And there is the clash. Take it or leave it but that's the truth. Unfortunately with rising prices the world where you could put a figure into a box for $10 is long but gone.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #2518
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

So these are landing in Europe.
Very nervous...
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #2519
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
With all do respect that is not how it works. With a cheaper price point they either pay for workers that are either not as skilled as the ones who paint up the ECC pieces (as Toynami has several factories) or they could be the same group of painters but the quota they get to produce a day is either bigger, or they have less time. I think this second option is much more viable.
For a lower price point you you pay for less hours. Anybody who tried their hands in painting knows that it is extremely time consuming. It takes hours and hours to layer paint and achieve translucency. With lower pay they probably are given that they need to complete let's say 5 units in 10 hours. That's 2 hours a piece. Not enough.
And that is one of the reasons why ECC is so expansive. When Steve set out to do ECC he wanted to create the highest quality collectibles and no compromises. CC wants to provide collectibles at a reachable, realistic price point. And there is the clash. Take it or leave it but that's the truth. Unfortunately with rising prices the world where you could put a figure into a box for $10 is long but gone.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #2520
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
I don't think you understood what I said. When you send back a sample of the work you can do that says, this is what we can do for what you are paying us, then you should stick to that sample. If you do not then you are in the wrong.

We could have paid 1,000 dollars and the quality of work would go up and that sample would look alot more like the proto than not. I mean, I don't know about anyone else but it's clear even their sample is no where near the caliber of the proto. That was what they could do for whatever CC paid them, except they didn't in production.

What I am saying is basically the exact same thing you are saying, for the record. It's just different ways to view the situation.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote