Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
A2G
The Herculoids

PCS Refund Policy

Can anyone here shed some light on this matter please.

I had inquired about a refund for my cammy pre-order and received this response from Shay (PCS):

"Thank you for your email. It is getting close to that date for Cammy the end of February will it qualify for a full refund."

It hit that mark and I contacted them for the full refund and they replied with this:

"I’m sorry to see you wish to cancel this awesome statue. ): Due to recent changes in our refund policy we are unable to fully refund this statue.
Cancellation of your pre-order will result in the loss of your $95.00 nonrefundable deposit."

If my pre-order was made during the previous policy, shouldn't that policy be honored?

Is there any advance notice or emails sent for policy updates?
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It used to be that if the statue was delayed excessively then they would give a refund or transfer the deposit to another order. But there was no set time as far as I can recall... it was basically just up to Jerry to decide whether a refund was justified or not.

This was back in the days of Dhalsim though when statues would be delayed 2 years
halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm curious too. I'm not exactly excited with all the delays let alone the way production pieces have been coming out. Is there an actual written policy on this?
vangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #4
dao2
Cyclops

If it was made under a previous agreement, like terms and conditions yes. Internal policy is just what they do internally and pretty much can change any time. If you agreed to something sure, but they never had that afaik and I can't find a terms and conditions on their current new site nor a published refund policy beyond the first 30 days thing. Though I've been told that none of these companies (SS, PCS, etc) follow FTC's FTC's Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule. However I'm not really sure how it works with preorder items.

If so you could file a complaint with the FTC I guess however I don't know if it'll actually work however it is relatively easy. Also be aware that they are under no obligation to sell you ----. They can refuse to sell you goods unless under specific reasons (discrimination of race etc). So if you do that and they decide to cancel every single one of your orders and refund you and tell you to ---- off they totally can, so tread lightly if you want to order new stuff.

You can also go to small claims court but you'd have to go in CA and it's kinda a waste of time for $95 unless you feel like you want to stand for it

It sucks, but also I can understand cancelling preorders. The whole "oh I'm cancelling cause the delays have made me lose interest" is the worst excuse I've ever seen. It means you were weak and bought it on a whim and you should be ashamed of yourself for your lack of self control (I have done the same thing, and hang my head :P). I've you've been in this hobby for any amount of time you know the wait is long, you know there is delays. It's a reality of the hobby that we're familiar with. If you're new (we're all new at some point) and don't actually know that's something though you should probably do a little research before you throw down that kind of money.

If you need to refund cause of hard times or something that really sucks Selling PO's isn't that lucrative anymore but you can likely get your money back hopefully, try the facebook BST groups be a little patient and go through PP invoices. Also be clear it is a transfer and that PCS will actually transfer it to the buyer and they can receive confirmation of that. Some people don't know that.

Some people also don't read as I sold a PO once (wasn't interested anymore, as I said I also hang my head in shame :P) and the guy later asked me where it was. I ----ing highlighted and bolded that it was a PO transfer and that it was likely far away. And I had copied him on the request to get it transferred and it was no longer in my hands. I told him he could have it transferred back and I would refund him but he said nothing cause he was too lazy (hell to ----ing lazy to read so I dunno what I expected :P) and I never heard from him again so v0v I guess.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
sil80jdm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If it is delayed 6 months after the estimated release date it's qualified for a full refund... I have this in writing in a email from pcs canny was due out sept 2016 so u should qualify next month..
sil80jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #6
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Got the exact same issue, they refused, estimate date changed for more than 5 months
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #7
A2G
The Herculoids

Anyone know what the new policy is? This is very confusing and disappointing situation, no one knows what is going on right now.
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2G View Post
Anyone know what the new policy is? This is very confusing and disappointing situation, no one knows what is going on right now.
It's 6 months. They stated 6 months after the original ETA in recent emails. I have this on record.
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #9
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The whole "oh I'm cancelling cause the delays have made me lose interest" is the worst excuse I've ever seen. It means you were weak and bought it on a whim and you should be ashamed of yourself for your lack of self control (I have done the same thing, and hang my head :P). I've you've been in this hobby for any amount of time you know the wait is long, you know there is delays. It's a reality of the hobby that we're familiar with. If you're new (we're all new at some point) and don't actually know that's something though you should probably do a little research before you throw down that kind of money.
yeaaaah, I can't say i agree with the bolded part. People lose interest in hobbies all the time, it doesn't make them "weak".

If you pay for something and it's promoted to be delivered within a certain amount of time, there's nothing wrong with you expecting said product within that time frame. If not, you should be entitled to your getting money back.
In my opnion... Telling fellow collectors to just accept delays "because it's part of the hobby" is piss poor form.
halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #10
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2G View Post
What has PCS said exactly? Have they you sent an email explicitly stating the new or old policy?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote