Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-27-2017, 12:53 AM   #11
Blade3327
Nightwing

Would this have anything to do with the 1/3 Dog Alien that CoolProps unveiled a while back?

Wondering if the CG Dog Alien head we see in that tease is what they meant when they say Prime 1 will touch up their sculpts.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:00 AM   #12
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Would this have anything to do with the 1/3 Dog Alien that CoolProps unveiled a while back?

Wondering if the CG Dog Alien head we see in that tease is what they meant when they say Prime 1 will touch up their sculpts.
The 1/3 Dog by CP will retain the pose, but will be resculpted by P1 to add detail and their QC.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:37 AM   #13
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think that's really a great news to have these two companies working together!
Do we know if the CoolProps Big Chap head will benefit from Prime1's QC?
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #14
doomsdayd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Can anyone confirm if P1 will sell this series and the Predator products through Sideshow? I do not know how distribution works during a collab.
doomsdayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:33 AM   #15
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayd View Post
Can anyone confirm if P1 will sell this series and the Predator products through Sideshow? I do not know how distribution works during a collab.
I can't confirm, but I'm fairly certain Sideshow will distribute. They already carry Prime 1's and CoolProps' solo pieces.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:53 AM   #16
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Very interesting, but I was hoping for a full reveal. Shame.

At least it looks like we'll finally be getting some quality, accurate alien/predator statues.

I wonder if future CoolProps life-size busts will now also be made in collaboration with Prime 1. Though I adore the P2 life-size bust, the sculpt is very rough in places.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 AM   #17
Ezhil
Mephisto

Actually this can be blessing in disguise for some collectors like me who can't buy the same characters from both studios if both turned out to be great and kil our wallet
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #18
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This changes everything.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #19
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I read that the current 1:1 busts will not benefit from this and the collaboration is for 1:3 scale pieces only.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:20 AM   #20
Python
Omega Red

After all of the hype and build up, I was rather underwhelmed to wake up this morning and find out Prime 1 are working with coolprops existing line (and the statues we knew were coming) I was looking forward to the two companies fighting it out as that's good for us customers. However, as the day has gone on and the underwhelming disappointment has worn off, I'm looking more at the positives. Coolprops really know and love the Alien and Predators. And Prime 1 really do make some incredible statues. What we will hopefully end up with here is Prime 1's general awesomeness, combined with Coolprops good eye for the characters... And P1's production quality which far exceeds what we've unfortunately seen from Coolprops at times. This line could actually be something very special! I just hope I can afford to get involved.

Side note, The dog in that image is the existing Coolprops maquette, P1 are reworking it to add more detail, they will also produce it fortunately. The pose will remain the same. I'll start a specific thread for the Warrior and leave this as a generic thread to discuss it all, good times.

But this is by far what I'm most excited about....

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=160333
Python is offline   Reply With Quote