Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #441
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

where is all the new pieces for the fine arts line that was suppose to come out this year? We should have started to see pics of what's coming.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #442
AC_808
Hercules

No kidding. I thought we were supposed to get at least 2 a year. I could be wrong, but .....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #443
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Frustrating indeed. Gonk's been very quiet as well.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #444
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No kidding. I thought we were supposed to get at least 2 a year. I could be wrong, but .....
I think Sosa said six releases. I'm not sure he ever gave a number for DRS. Storm and Punisher makes 2...maybe there'll be some big announcements soon, but it's getting less likely that we'll see the rest this year. It's possible the contract is for 2019 and on...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:45 PM   #445
Naru
Mephisto

With Sosa doing Semic and focussing on his own Prototype Z line, I thinks it's impossible to get Koto Fine Arts to up their releases per year. I think I heard Dan say at the last years SDCC that they wanted to have 4 realses per year which at the current rate would be impossible unless they get other artists to work on the Fine Art line also.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:35 AM   #446
masterlei13
Birdman

they said 6 fine art statues per year, probably 4 for koto and 2 for protoZ. looks like its not happening. i just hope they will finish the other xmen in the drs line like beast, jean, iceman or jubilee and classic avengers line like antman, scarlett witch, bucky or falcon. just got drs psylocke last month so please keep making them koto and we will keep them buying.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:40 AM   #447
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

any new pics or a reveal from WonderCon?
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #448
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Well one of the biggest problems is that Its too hard to get the older pieces. They would need to remake key characters to pump juice unto this line. Why get Storm if you can't get Cyclops, Gambit, or Colossus. They can mix new characters in for collector's that already have the classics.
I wish they would because the asking prices for the older ones is just flat out silly.

The only fair priced ones are Rogue/Brown Wolverine because they're newer, Cyclops if you're patient, but once you start trying to nab Gambit, Colossus, and the others then you're talking 700-800$, sometimes more.

Spending that for 1/6 statues that are nice, but not that nice, is just a no go for me.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #449
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
I wish they would because the asking prices for the older ones is just flat out silly.

The only fair priced ones are Rogue/Brown Wolverine because they're newer, Cyclops if you're patient, but once you start trying to nab Gambit, Colossus, and the others then you're talking 700-800$, sometimes more.

Spending that for 1/6 statues that are nice, but not that nice, is just a no go for me.
Yeah I cant believe what the asking price is for these 1/6 scale. They are more expensive than some 1/4 scales of the same character.

If koto is willing to re-release other lines, why not do them all. There is obviously still a market for these and they would make a profit off of it.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #450
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

And why not re release with a different pose? I would think this would make the original collectors happy and the new ones have a chance to get gambit at a price close to reasonable. Honestly if you were thinking about paying the after market price for say gambit I would tell you buy the XM 1/4th that will be superior in every conceivable way.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote