Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #871
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Yep. Jumped on late so not expecting a conversion. Still torn between the two mediums however.
I’ve been on the WL since April. Nothing yet.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #872
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I’ve been on the WL since April. Nothing yet.
Crazy me. I was on the list earlier got a conversion and cancelled. I do like the rotating base option however on the fabric so took that option. Still on the fence. The leaning issues are still with me. Prime 1 are sure to get around that problem .
Being on that early you should be ok.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #873
Gollum
The Herculoids

Edition Size is 1500 for the Superman Fabric Cape Edition
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #874
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It must be selling pretty good for that high of a # and how long it was TBD.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #875
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So 1500 for Fabric cape and probably another 1500 for sculpted cape....I see.

I understand that these statues are not limited and exclusive anymore because with these edition sizes everyone can have one. No problem at all.

On the other hand, they usually said this stuff is expensive because of the quality and EXCLUSIVITY, so I don't understand one thing, why am I dtill paying same price (I mean higher) than before????

My Noel was 750 for EX and another 750 for Regular. Same scale, awesome quality, 3 heads, 2 arms, huge base and relatively exclusive (don't care).
Why was superman more expensive than Noel instead of cheaper?? Less extras, less exclusivity, more money.

OKAY.

I pre ordered Bats & Supes hush and Bats Master Race. LAST time I preordered something coming from P1. These 3 ststues will be all over the market for years and they will get very good discounts. Pre order is not worthy at all.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #876
mva5580

I'm going to guess in this instance they probably did not intend for the ES to be this high, but it's selling above their expectations so they made it bigger.

I know some of you are really big on the whole ES thing and I mean I understand your side of it.....I'm not looking to get into an argument. I just think at the end of the day they're going to balance as best they can the ability for them to maximize revenue vs the desire to keep the ES's small to keep the "collectible" portion of it in play.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:38 AM   #877
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I'm going to guess in this instance they probably did not intend for the ES to be this high, but it's selling above their expectations so they made it bigger.

I know some of you are really big on the whole ES thing and I mean I understand your side of it.....I'm not looking to get into an argument. I just think at the end of the day they're going to balance as best they can the ability for them to maximize revenue vs the desire to keep the ES's small to keep the "collectible" portion of it in play.
ES are important to me for 1 reason and it is not exclusivity.
It bothers me that they say "you pay for exclusivity" when it's a lie but the real reason is...the endgame.
This hobby has a clear endgame, the lack of space. One way to continue buying one piece from time to time (2 years for example) is selling one of your pieces. I know, you probably love all your statues but maybe you feel that you already enjoyed them and you can sell one in order to get the space to buy another, maybe newer, better.
With this huge ES it is hard to sell and this is not about making money but just sell the damned statue. 3000 supes is brutal man, Noel was 1500 and today you can get even the EX. I bought Noel EX last year in my country for 750€ ($800).

This is my problem with ESs, the market full of statues represents a problem for the whole hobby.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #878
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

How exclusive can something really be when it's made by a bunch of factory workers in China working for minimum wage?
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #879
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
How exclusive can something really be when it's made by a bunch of factory workers in China working for minimum wage?
I've never brought this up myself, but it's a fair point and something I've thought about. Whenever some people post those pictures of the locations where the statues are made/painted, I have to say it brings me down a bit.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #880
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I've never brought this up myself, but it's a fair point and something I've thought about. Whenever some people post those pictures of the locations where the statues are made/painted, I have to say it brings me down a bit.
Yeah it's definitely not a state of the art production facility run by Tony Stark or anything like that. In most of the pictures shown, the places look almost like run down shacks or warehouses with the barest of necessities.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote