Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #31
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
VERY interesting...

im going to have to hit him up to get some quotes at the very least. i was looking for some wider cabinets but even if i doubled that price its still pretty reasonable imo - thanks bro!
No problem man. Originally I was trying to find a case that would fit universally for all the stuff I have coming in but I realized those cases would be huge AF lol. I came to the realization that it would be best if I had cases for my Arkham stuff which should be fine for 95% of 1/3 scale pieces out there. The really big cases would be reserved for pieces like Superman Hush, Lobo with dolphins, Doomsday, etc.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #32
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
No problem man. Originally I was trying to find a case that would fit universally for all the stuff I have coming in but I realized those cases would be huge AF lol. I came to the realization that it would be best if I had cases for my Arkham stuff which should be fine for 95% of 1/3 scale pieces out there. The really big cases would be reserved for pieces like Superman Hush, Lobo with dolphins, Doomsday, etc.
I originally had a couple of my statues out and they both got damaged because we always have people over at the house. I decided that I needed to have them away from clumsy fingers and hands that's why I finally built something for them to go into. I wouldn't mind having a custom built cabinet for my collection but like so many of us has mentioned, the costs are what's keeping me from ordering one. Also, I have too much on PO from Prime 1 and custom cabinets aren't in the monthly finances unfortunately. Currently, I have a drawn out plan to build a cabinet for Doomsday. He won't fit in anything I've built thus far.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:59 PM   #33
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
When in doubt use the floor.
Or use the shipping boxes with a piece of plywood on top as a shelf.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #34
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

For me, if I can't afford a proper display then I can't afford the statue. It's like putting crap tires on the Ferrari that you can barely afford, because you can't afford the high performance tires, or insurance. I can't imagine buying thousand-dollar statues and displaying them on some trash Walmart bookshelf. I know people do it, but it's definitely not for me! I think most 1/3 collectors would feel the same way, but there are still a lot of people out there who buy beautiful display pieces and still manage to make them look like trash on display. I haven't jumped into 1/3 yet, but I'm going to do it right when I do, so all the comments are helpful, thanks!
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:17 AM   #35
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Or use the shipping boxes with a piece of plywood on top as a shelf.
No joke, I’ve sold a few statues on eBay where the buyers absolutely needed the color box in mint condition so they could display the statue on top using the styrofoam insert to balance the weight. These were 1/4 scale.

I’m not one to judge because I’m constantly thinking outside the box but I’d be scared sh**less leaving my statues out with guests, kids and pets or having the boxes cave in eventually.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:40 PM   #36
sparda
The Avengers

Not too cheap but very good. Alex from RaddTitan visited his factory and seriousy put one of the cases under stress, trying to break it. Didn't work. So they are really solid.

Furthermore they are combinable if you buy several more later on, the DX series can take up to 60kgs!!!! and you can have Bryan do a custom project for you, providing you with different leghts such as 1m or 1m10 in height. Also width and depth can be changed.

They do actions once in a while with free shipping and stuff. I plan on doing my entire collection with these cases. Built in lights, open display from the sides, the fact that they are stackable and custom sizes make these far more interesting then any ikea product imho.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:57 PM   #37
Davidian
Omega Flight

For anyone in the US that has ordered these, what were the shipping rates like?
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:07 AM   #38
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
For anyone in the US that has ordered these, what were the shipping rates like?
You can check here, their email is listed at the bottom of the page:

https://us.moducase.xyz/shipping-returns/

They ship via FedEx Ground from Vernon, CA.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #39
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
You can check here, their email is listed at the bottom of the page:

https://us.moducase.xyz/shipping-returns/

They ship via FedEx Ground from Vernon, CA.
Thanks! Shouldn't be too bad if it's coming from Cali.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #40
badhulk
Nightwing

Do you have to pay in full or when they ship? I know it takes a long time to get them..
badhulk is offline   Reply With Quote