Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-22-2020, 11:33 PM   #1
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Kotobukiya MK318 Wolverine X-Men Fine Art Statue

An official local distributor just posted this one.

Quote:
The well known X-Men character, Wolverine, whose popularity is insurmountable returns to the FINE ART STATUE line.

This statue was digitally sculpted to portray an intense battle scene from base to statue. Wolverine has been carefully sculpted to showcase realistic movement and energy as he charges towards his enemies at full force. The disintegrated cement portrayed as the base for the statue adds extra depth and realism to the scene.

The high-quality cold cast resin adds extra texture to every aspect of the statue, making this a piece of art that replicates the qualities of Wolverine is a way that can only be created by cold cast resin.

Cyclops, Gambit, and Magneto are waiting on standby!

Keep an eye out for the ever-expanding FINE ART line!
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:37 AM   #2
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

For those few people that are getting the XM Studios Sentinel Diorama this could make a nice add on piece.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:41 AM   #3
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I like it. Great sculpt. Pose is different, but cool. Just hope the base is engineered well, so there aren't future issues.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:13 AM   #4
khrisc
The X-Men

personally not a fan of the pose..and the base.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:09 AM   #5
masterlei13
Birdman

i really like the pose and the overall sculpt. its just the feel of it is an artfx premiere like. i dont know but the aura is not a fine art. then again its just for me.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:25 AM   #6
Vecchio1

It's something different, that's for sure. Height may be 16-18". I just hope the QC is good and this base matches what follows.

Simply put...Koto is putting the top dog out first to test the waters. We need to support this or the rest of the X-Men will only be available in 1/4th by SS or XM. Avengers little run is over, time for the mutants to take the mantle just like before. Just my thoughts.

Oh, I don't work for Koto. Just I love 1/6th and have a few holes that Sosa n Bowen left.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:32 AM   #7
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlei13 View Post
i really like the pose and the overall sculpt. its just the feel of it is an artfx premiere like. i dont know but the aura is not a fine art. then again its just for me.
With the last Deadpool Fine Art and this, the art direction for this line seems to be going that way, just that it's 1/6 and made from resin. At least they're in their classic costumes.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:13 AM   #8
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
It's something different, that's for sure. Height may be 16-18". I just hope the QC is good and this base matches what follows.

Simply put...Koto is putting the top dog out first to test the waters. We need to support this or the rest of the X-Men will only be available in 1/4th by SS or XM. Avengers little run is over, time for the mutants to take the mantle just like before. Just my thoughts.

Oh, I don't work for Koto. Just I love 1/6th and have a few holes that Sosa n Bowen left.
Height for Wolverine is around 15.75" tall and yes, the bases will match amongst the other releases. I believe they can form a huge fight scene around Magneto.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:33 AM   #9
Vecchio1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Height for Wolverine is around 15.75" tall and yes, the bases will match amongst the other releases. I believe they can form a huge fight scene around Magneto.
Wonderful!!
Old 01-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #10
xb24
Sinister Six

Not sure I like the pose.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote