Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #121
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Iconic is the new nasolabial.
Nothing could match the annoyance I felt for that word.

But in relation to Iconic, I think there’s more or less a general understanding of what it means within certain boundaries.

Shoo mentioned Abbott and Costello as not being ‘iconic’ and I would have to agree, but I would certainly be interested in a larger statue of the comedic duo. There was already a recent statue put up on Sideshows website but it was 1/6 scale and the likeness wasn’t to my liking for Abbott. I remember watching their films repeatedly when I was a kid here in Australia and I must’ve torn through my VHS tapes with how many times I watched them.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:27 AM   #122
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

iconic
woke
cancelled
the new normal
content
brand
algorithm
stop it
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:35 AM   #123
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Enough with the word "iconic" and every offshoot of it...
What an iconic post.

I didn't really mean "iconic", but it's close enough. And it's not "ironic", either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Shoo mentioned Abbott and Costello as not being ‘iconic’
Not worldwide, mind you.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #124
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

From the “I Love Lucy” article on Enyclopedia.com.

“Since it's debut on CBS on October 15, 1951, the show has been translated into almost every language in the world and has run continuously in international syndication in over 100 U.S. markets and virtually every country in the world for almost half a century.”
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #125
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
From the “I Love Lucy” article on Enyclopedia.com.

“Since it's debut on CBS on October 15, 1951, the show has been translated into almost every language in the world”
Sure, Portuguese for Brazil, but apparently not Portugal. Spanish for some Latin American countries, but not Spain. French for Quebec, but not France until this century - on that small TV channel I mentioned days ago. In Italy, only 13 episodes out of the 180 that were filmed aired, and that was in 1960.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
and has run continuously in international syndication in over 100 U.S. markets and virtually every country in the world for almost half a century.”
Yes, 100 U.S. markets, indeed. "Virtually every country in the world", right. That's just bombastic talk, guys. 'I Love Lucy' was BIG, but it wasn't as big, or even known, everywhere else. Not even "virtually" everywhere else.

Can we please drop it already? Not in the mood for being 'condescending' and using barf-inducing words again.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #126
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Sure, Portuguese for Brazil, but apparently not Portugal. Spanish for some Latin American countries, but not Spain. French for Quebec, but not France until this century - on that small TV channel I mentioned days ago. In Italy, only 13 episodes out of the 180 that were filmed aired, and that was in 1960.

Yes, 100 U.S. markets, indeed. "Virtually every country in the world", right. That's just bombastic talk, guys. 'I Love Lucy' was BIG, but it wasn't as big, or even known, everywhere else. Not even "virtually" everywhere else.

Can we please drop it already? Not in the mood for being 'condescending' and using barf-inducing words again.
Because I’ve watched so much North American content in my life, I’ve of course heard of the show (but usually only because newer shows reference them in their episodes for whatever reason), but honestly I’ve never even seen an episode but given we’re an English speaking country here in Australia I’m sure it must’ve be aired sometime in the last 6-7 decades.

I guess iconic can be subjective to ones immediate environment.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 04:20 AM   #127
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

Now listed as 'Sold Out' on Blitzway's site. Hopefully that means this is ready to ship soon
jasonsz1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:17 AM   #128
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Ordered Marilyn through Spec Fiction. $475 with free shipping
I was wondering... Blitzway just cancelled all their international orders due to the huge increase of shipping prices. How can Spec Fiction " eat " their own - probably increased too - shipping cost by offering free shipping?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #129
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not sure what the actual latest on this is, but I just noticed SpecFic has the availability date set to August-September 2021.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #130
BurningRage
Inhumans

unboxing vid is on tang brothers market collectibles fb.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote