Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-18-2021, 12:27 PM   #21
Demona
Martian Manhunter

There are too many boys in his post. He should come out swinging with a new Storm.

My god, my purse is gonna be hurting if this happy day is upon us. My mind is spinning with all the Marvel ladies on the horizon. Randy is my only hope of getting a modern suit Storm. Please please please!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:17 PM   #22
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

For what it's worth...

Han B Lee on FB -
Quote:
Listen everyone, Randy has been back for a while now. One of his first projects was the HP Lovecraft busts. And I believe he has been working on some monster related projects, as well as getting the new Bowen Designs website up.
Since then and now he has gone through a lot, from he's lower back surgery to a lot personal stuff. So the question is, is Bowen Designs re-negotiating a new contract with Marvel/Disney?..
Didn't know about the new site. If that's true then it looks like BD is on the way back.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:43 AM   #23
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Took a look to his IG post again and the #relaunch is gone now.

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:50 AM   #24
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Took a look to his IG post again and the #relaunch is gone now.

...sound and fury signifying nothing. smh

I saw that earlier...I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything. Possible he didn't want people to assume it would be with Marvel...?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:23 AM   #25
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
There are too many boys in his post. He should come out swinging with a new Storm.

My god, my purse is gonna be hurting if this happy day is upon us. My mind is spinning with all the Marvel ladies on the horizon. Randy is my only hope of getting a modern suit Storm. Please please please!
I would love to see a new Storm statue. A museum pose Phoenix would be great as well as a new Polaris statue.

If he does do more Marvel one character I would love to see Randy himself sculpt would be Hellcat. The FS statue that was released did not do the character justice.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #26
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

I don't see the point in speculating (dreaming?) which bust/statue Bowen should or could do first.
He has no competition when it comes to comic-book versions of Marvel characters. With the hundreds BD released there are still literally hundreds of characters to choose from. With a 5 year forced hiatus he can come back swinging with dozens of unique sculpts AND relaunch or even re-release a dozen or so previous characters. From a business perspective it would be prudent to come back with something that generates instant revenue. Considering the popularity of the movies I would think it's common sense to return with a NEW Wolverine, Spider Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America and Hawkeye. He should also cash in on Vision and Scarlet Witch, Shang-Chi, the Eternals and comic books versions of the characters to be seen in upcoming Marvel productions.
We all have our wish-list (mine has hundreds of characters on it) but it would be foolish to come back with a Mojo or Hellcat right off the bat hoping they will sell rather than banking on a sure thing. Bowen never shied away from taking a chance on risky characters so I am sure we'll see some out of the ordinary releases, but don't hold your breathe for the first year as he really has to get re-established.
Yes he has his obsessive followers (I am one of them... I do not buy anything other than Bowen) but establish new buyers or bringing back former collectors is also important.
Hell, we don't even know the full extent of his return yet. For all we know he's just re-releasing older sculpts to start things off (which would also be fine with me).
We have to be patient.
The_Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #27
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Scratch View Post
I don't see the point in speculating (dreaming?) which bust/statue Bowen should or could do first.
It's fun....I see your point though. I think his first full size statue was Daredevil. If he has the Marvel license again I'm sure he'll start with a money maker.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #28
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

yes, Daredevil was his first FS statue. That is a statue I owned at one point in time, sold it but do wish to get it back. That one you can usually find for a good price. Back then that was when alot of the statues produced had runs of a few thousand, not a few hundred.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #29
The_Scratch
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
It's fun....I see your point though. I think his first full size statue was Daredevil. If he has the Marvel license again I'm sure he'll start with a money maker.
Yes it is... oodles of fun. I'm as giddy as a school boy.

I personally hope to see these three characters... but that's because I prefer the c and D list characters over the A-list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oddities.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	136177  
The_Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #30
Blindzider
The Spirit

That picture that was posted was from an Instagram story posted by Hellsbells_51, where he was asking/hoping for a comeback. HB is a long time collector and fan of BD. The story only lasts 24 hours so I can't point to it.

As Randy often does, he reposts pictures from various fans when they feature his statues.

Until Randy himself posts something definitive, I'm not believing anything written by anybody.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote