Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #21
ukshaun
Hercules

Not too keen on her face. There's a hint of a man in drag, not wishing to sound too harsh. The catwoman figure looks better.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #22
lingstar1
Fantastic Four

Totally agree. Her Bruce Jenner-like face was a big turn-off for me. And seeing this review about all the quality issues makes me doubly glad I didn't order this one. Too bad - the basic sculpt was fantastic.
lingstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
SDguy

I guess it's all personal preference. I think she looks like a perfect amazon would look, and nothing like Bruce Jenner, incidentally.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #24
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I guess it's all personal preference. I think she looks like a perfect amazon would look, and nothing like Bruce Jenner, incidentally.
I love the face, maturity, wisdom, beauty, warrior.

I think it's perfect.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #25
SDguy

It reminds me very much of the character design from the DC animated film Superman/Batman Apocalypse, which BTW, had some of the best designs and animation of any of their films, IMO.

https://youtu.be/lPlSdns_n1E
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #26
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

According to the legend the Amazon Queens were daughters of the Greek God of War Ares.
I take it that traces of Ares' fierce and imposing heritage are still visible in Wonder Woman's appearance and physique making her perhaps look more 'manly' then you would expect from any other female.

Just my two cents though!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:32 PM   #27
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
According to the legend the Amazon Queens were daughters of the Greek God of War Ares.
I take it that traces of Ares' fierce and imposing heritage are still visible in Wonder Woman's appearance and physique making her perhaps look more 'manly' then you would expect from any other female.

Just my two cents though!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Yeah, but the most manly men with 300 pounds of muscle have drop dead gorgeous daughters so that is just making excuses for a not so good looking Wonder Woman, I dont remember anywhere reading that Wonder Woman was kind of manly and not attractive in fact I thought she was supposed to be stunning.

But yeah, I can make side stories why she is so lame until a better one comes along and it wont be so hard to do a better one thanks to this ones final execution.

SIdeshow will deliver with a stunning Wonder Woman, Then this one will be forgotten, count on it!
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #28
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Yeah, but the most manly men with 300 pounds of muscle have drop dead gorgeous daughters so that is just making excuses for a not so good looking Wonder Woman, I dont remember anywhere reading that Wonder Woman was kind of manly and not attractive in fact I thought she was supposed to be stunning.

But yeah, I can make side stories why she is so lame until a better one comes along and it wont be so hard to do a better one thanks to this ones final execution.

SIdeshow will deliver with a stunning Wonder Woman, Then this one will be forgotten, count on it!
That is a matter of personal taste and/or perspective. For me, she looks gorgeous and not manly at all. I have read tons of Wonder Woman stories over the years and I don't have an issue with this particular artistic take on her. Diana is not only a beautiful woman but a fierce warrior as well. This piece captures both sides of her persona well.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote