Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #391
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i won't be surprised if it gets cancelled.

I really wouldn't either. Although it might end up with a very small run, we'll see.... No way those DX's sold out however, if they cancel it, they'll be admitting to lying about sell outs as if we don't all know already.

Thing is though, they could improve this thing immensely with a few tweaks and makes loads more money from sales. Way more than the effort required to improve it would involve. Tweak the pose, add something of interest to the base, perfect the mask sculpt (Cheek area especially!) And reduce that damn price! They have just recast their own Big chap and are selling it for less money. So why on Earth is this thing $600 more than the recent Jungle hunter which has an infinitely more intricate base and is better in every way. They could make this thing desirable, at the minute it looks like an overpriced minimal effort job and it's no surprise that it doesn't seem to be selling... Actually why am I even bothering typing this, lots of money saved here, they had enough out of me for their "Limited" Big chap, good luck to them.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:07 PM   #392
Blade3327
Nightwing

Skipping this one, but uh... I'd probably buy a V2 with improved base, not gonna lie. I think many of us would (and we'd be okay with it because most people have no desire for this version no matter how many or how few are produced).
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:35 PM   #393
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This release has to be a disaster for them. What a missed opportunity on something that should have been a gold mine to buyers of the P1.

For them not to use a CITY themed base for the CITY HUNTER(!!), where 9/10ths of the movie took place, is a ridiculous thought. I think an alleyway (King Willie) or building top would have been a much better choice.

This spaceship base should have been for the Elder P2.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:31 AM   #394
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I can't wait for V2 with an improved base after the first round of mugs buy this one. Although I doubt many will, I can't believe that Prime 1 have managed to make a City hunter companion piece to their incredible Jungle hunter so uninspired and bland...
Right now this definitely dont' seem too farfetched seeing how they did the Big Chap.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:27 AM   #395
ozboy
Birdman

Any word on Sideshow distributing this? It's odd they got the JH but not this...
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:35 PM   #396
Rauko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Not sure about Sideshow carying this. Have to agree with the others though that this piece is indeed a rather sad story.

I for one don't have any other PO's for 2023/2024 and I own the Predator CM, so would love to order and put these next to each other.

With the closed mouth portrait this one would set me back 4.5kEUR which is an outrageous amount as is but still much cheaper than many retailers can offer.

However, the lacklustre base and stance makes me hold back. I don't see it gaining any value anytime soon, much more to the contrary.

On the flipside I feel the wait for this release is already way too long, let alone for an eventual V2.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #397
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauko View Post
Not sure about Sideshow carying this. Have to agree with the others though that this piece is indeed a rather sad story.

I for one don't have any other PO's for 2023/2024 and I own the Predator CM, so would love to order and put these next to each other.

With the closed mouth portrait this one would set me back 4.5kEUR which is an outrageous amount as is but still much cheaper than many retailers can offer.

However, the lacklustre base and stance makes me hold back. I don't see it gaining any value anytime soon, much more to the contrary.

On the flipside I feel the wait for this release is already way too long, let alone for an eventual P2.
I really wish Prime 1 would stop doing these 3 year announcements before release. Look at freakn XM they announce it and 6 months later its in your house. Even Queen studios now is announcing their stuff with a less than 9 month lead time depending where you are. This statue doesn't excite me and is really farfetched on the pricing, you'll have plenty of time to think but I have a feeling Queen is announcing Predator license....just a strong strong hunch.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 05:02 PM   #398
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
I really wish Prime 1 would stop doing these 3 year announcements before release. Look at freakn XM they announce it and 6 months later its in your house. Even Queen studios now is announcing their stuff with a less than 9 month lead time depending where you are. This statue doesn't excite me and is really farfetched on the pricing, you'll have plenty of time to think but I have a feeling Queen is announcing Predator license....just a strong strong hunch.
Would love to see them tackle Alien and Predator maquettes. Prime 1 needs some competition.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:18 PM   #399
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Would love to see them tackle Alien and Predator maquettes. Prime 1 needs some competition.
it doesn't feel that long ago when we were saying Sideshow needs competition lol. I still remember when Sideshow was telling us a 1:2 P1 statue and 1:1 P2 bust were gonna come from them. That was probably 10 years ago. Prime needs to officially get the 1/4 license.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:45 AM   #400
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
it doesn't feel that long ago when we were saying Sideshow needs competition lol
I had the same thought while typing my comment. It's a shame Prime 1 turned out to be so sketchy on the business/marketing side. Artistically, they've done great things with the license.