Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-13-2022, 09:42 AM   #4411
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Don't be so sure about any end in manga. I mean look at Dragon Ball. Akira Toriyama once said this is it. It all ends with Dragon Ball Z... But did it ?!?!!? First came the Dragon Ball GT and now Dragon Ball Super... these mangas and comics are no work of art. The creative people behind any manga and comics only do them for money. If they believe, there is money to be had, they will definetly continue.
Well as far as I'm concerned, DBZ ended with Goku leaving to train Uub - whatever the marketing machine has been doing with the series after that isn't something that I'm interested in. Toriyama isn't writing Super, nor do any of the recent DBZ movies probably exist because of his creative needs. DBZ is also kinda a bad example because it was made on the fly and not planned beforehand.

The universe of LotR is still being expanded through TV shows and games, but the only canon is what Tolkien wrote and visioned. Had Tolkien died before the publishing of the Return of the King, I sure as hell would have wanted Christopher to finish it.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #4412
Mooste
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Don't be so sure about any end in manga. I mean look at Dragon Ball. Akira Toriyama once said this is it. It all ends with Dragon Ball Z... But did it ?!?!!? First came the Dragon Ball GT and now Dragon Ball Super... these mangas and comics are no work of art. The creative people behind any manga and comics only do them for money. If they believe, there is money to be had, they will definetly continue.
Well, I thought it would never continue but glad I am wrong. Curious how the ending will be.

Bit of a cynical outlook you got there. Personally I do consider Manga and American Comics as art.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:57 PM   #4413
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have mixed feelings about it. It might be good, but it won't be Miura's Berserk. I suppose you could call it a spiritual continuation of it. I'm an aspiring writer myself, and so is my brother. I've made it clear that if anything unforseen were to happen to me, I want him to finish my work, and I'm confident he can do that. It won't be a "pure" representation of my vision, but it would be ours. We'll never know what Miura's wishes were, or what provisions - if any, that he laid out for Berserk. In any case, it won't in any way diminish the great work that Miura has already done.

I think it's fair to assume that Miura would want his story to continue. Of course, it would be different if Miura had made some statement to suggest otherwise. Perhaps controversially, I think the Amazon's "The Lord Of The Rings" is an example of a project that would likely not have acquired the author's approval, and thus could be said to bear little, if any relation to the source material.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:42 PM   #4414
clockwork463

The only way this is going to work out is if they wrap it up relatively fast. The quality will probably decline if they drag it out. I think most people would understand if they have a uncharacteristically rushed finale given the context.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:03 AM   #4415
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was always 100% positive they would continue the story I don't expect perfection just satisfaction and properly well thought out endings for all the characters
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:09 PM   #4416
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I want a bad end for Berserk. Only that can setisfy me. All the soft care bear and my little pony lovers who want a good end should stay away from Berserk. Berserk is not for you. Go watch Disney cartoons or something. shuu shuu.

I used to praise Prime 1 for making DC Characters which Sideshow never deared to make after all these years. But making two versions of 1/3 Berserk, Guts statues with only different head options... Prime 1 proved that they were a super greedy, shameless company. I am greatful to Sideshow for never pulling of such a shameless, greedy marketing. I can't afford 2 1/3 statues at the same time... Because of this, i am very angry with greedy Prime 1.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:04 PM   #4417
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I finally got the time to open up this bad boy and display him.

Unfortunately (or luckily), only one of his gauntlets arrived with two broken spikes and his left pinky toe came completely broken off. I tried emailing P1 about it, and they replied that I took too long to notify them after it had been delivered and that I should look for, "an enthusiastic repair person," to fix it for me. So I replied that this statue was delayed so long that I should be given the same courtesy back with the delay because I haven't had the time to open him to see these errors. So their response was that they could make a one time exception and recast a new gauntlet, but it might not fit on the statue and I would need to pay for shipping of the piece. And then they kinda just said, "too bad," about the toe. So I'm gonna send another message and kinda try to throw it in their faces that even giving me some kind of store credit (even if it's so small that I would never use it) would have been the way to make things right. Oh well... It's still an awesome statue with a great presence to it, with or without the lights turned on.

DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:52 PM   #4418
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Unfortunately (or luckily), only one of his gauntlets arrived with two broken spikes and his left pinky toe came completely broken off. I tried emailing P1 about it, and they replied that I took too long to notify them after it had been delivered and that I should look for, "an enthusiastic repair person," to fix it for me. So I replied that this statue was delayed so long that I should be given the same courtesy back with the delay because I haven't had the time to open him to see these errors. So their response was that they could make a one time exception and recast a new gauntlet, but it might not fit on the statue and I would need to pay for shipping of the piece. And then they kinda just said, "too bad," about the toe.
Ugh, that's terrible CS...given stories like this, the only way I'd order a P1 piece is through Sideshow. Anyway, this piece looks great...the candle glow is a nice touch and reflects off his lower body nicely.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:31 AM   #4419
Lorrcan

P1 customer service isn't great. I complained about my P1 Aragorn, and they offered me 110 dollars worth of reward points or a replacement, but they wanted me to smash the first base up first. Since I can't know whether the replacement will even fit properly with Aragorn, I decided to take the reward points. I'm sure it would have cost them a lot more to ship out an entirely new base to the UK, but it just wasn't worth the hassle to me. I ended up taking the points and using them on my upcoming Guts Unleashed order.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 10:07 AM   #4420
Mooste
The Avengers

I got Skull Knight on Horseback. But it seems that Skull Knight himself is a bit smaller on his horse? That museum pose is huge.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote