Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-22-2022, 05:46 AM   #371
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Technically the King is supposed to have a red cloak so I think this paint app is more accurate and looks better than the ones I've seen where everything is just green.

In the movie, you can see his cloak is red.
I'd be fine with it if if they were supposed to be painted red, but I think most people will see this as a flaw, so it will probably hurt the resale value later on. It's also only on the left shoulder, which makes it look worse. Here's another picture of the shoulder. You can actually see through the gap to the other side.

Edit - P1 finally responded. They've agreed to replace the base (though they can't give me an exact timeframe) but they want me to destroy the old one first. They also said that the new base might not fit with Aragorn, since each base is designed to fit with a specific statue. They expect me to do some sanding myself, if that's the case. Has anyone done this before? I don't really appreciate having to do this work myself. If something goes wrong, I can't imagine they will give me a refund.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220622_093950313.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	150915  
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:51 PM   #372
DevGuy
The Spirit

Some here have said that Prime 1 is now sub-standard quality, but my recent God of War Kratos and Baldur 1/4 statues are stunning. The portraits and paint work on the figures, in-hand, are incredible.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:36 PM   #373
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Some here have said that Prime 1 is now sub-standard quality, but my recent God of War Kratos and Baldur 1/4 statues are stunning. The portraits and paint work on the figures, in-hand, are incredible.
Kratos looks nothing like the game version though. Although the prototype never looked good either.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:15 PM   #374
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
Kratos looks nothing like the game version though. Although the prototype never looked good either.
Wait what, he looks the same. We're talking about God of War on PS4/PS5 here, right? Not God of War 1 to 3.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:22 PM   #375
zaboman358
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrcan View Post
I'd be fine with it if if they were supposed to be painted red, but I think most people will see this as a flaw, so it will probably hurt the resale value later on. It's also only on the left shoulder, which makes it look worse. Here's another picture of the shoulder. You can actually see through the gap to the other side.

Edit - P1 finally responded. They've agreed to replace the base (though they can't give me an exact timeframe) but they want me to destroy the old one first. They also said that the new base might not fit with Aragorn, since each base is designed to fit with a specific statue. They expect me to do some sanding myself, if that's the case. Has anyone done this before? I don't really appreciate having to do this work myself. If something goes wrong, I can't imagine they will give me a refund.
Your better off sending him back and getting another one all together. More often than not getting replacement bases/characters end up having fitting issues. Your just trading one problem for another.
zaboman358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:02 AM   #376
Lorrcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaboman358 View Post
Your better off sending him back and getting another one all together. More often than not getting replacement bases/characters end up having fitting issues. Your just trading one problem for another.
That's what worries me. Sadly, I don't think P1 are willing to replace the entire statue, and I can't afford to ship such a large piece. I've asked them if they would be willing to offer some compensation instead, but they haven't responded yet. The total cost of this piece, VAT included, was over 1550GBP, so I think I'm entitled to a product with no glaring issues.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:08 PM   #377
Thor Odinson

I would rather have the issue with the paint then deal with the hassle of sending it back. hopefully they will just give you some money back.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:53 AM   #378
Lorrcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I would rather have the issue with the paint then deal with the hassle of sending it back. hopefully they will just give you some money back.
Yeah, they offered me 110usd as compensation. That's not great, but the only alternative is to take a chance on the replacement, which sounds like a lot of trouble. I asked them if they could apply the discount to my existing order for 1/4 Guts, and they said that to do that, I need to cancel my existing preorder, wait for the refund, then repurchase it with the reward points. Once I've done all that they will refund my deposit. I don't know why they can't just deduct it from the final payment to be honest.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:34 PM   #379
Thor Odinson

Mine has the same kind of stuff, maybe slightly better, but it doesn't bother me at all. I'm pretty happy overall with how it came out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9293.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	151605  
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 08:00 AM   #380
RyluzZ
Justice League

Mine also has the issue of unpainted should on the witch king...it didnt bother me until I saw that it was not supposed to look like that. It does look better all painted like the rest..........hmmm ----ing Prime 1...I got it from my local retailer, although the hassle of now asking for replacement and waiting...dont know what to do
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote