Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #21
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I suspect there are limitations, or laws that might prevent actual lasers being added. Plus it would be difficult at this size anyway. Unless they can fit in a fairly powerful spot light and direct it through a clever housing which might simulate the effect a bit.

I was just thinking, what kind of base would people like on this? I know Prime 1 love making art deco building type basis, so I suspect this guy will be a top of a large Eagle or two (Chrysler building) But another option would be a grimy/wet back alley setting, King Willy head in hand Or a ship interior with it's beautiful orange illuminated look.
I think a good base for the City Hunter would be in the movie when the City Hunter is on top of the building where he holds up his trophy, and is hit by lightning, and with the large clock near the base perhaps...
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #22
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
I think a good base for the City Hunter would be in the movie when the City Hunter is on top of the building where he holds up his trophy, and is hit by lightning, and with the large clock near the base perhaps...
Sounds like a plan.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:37 AM   #23
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, that's what I suspect they will go with, but who knows.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #24
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
I was just thinking, what kind of base would people like on this? I know Prime 1 love making art deco building type basis, so I suspect this guy will be a top of a large Eagle or two (Chrysler building) But another option would be a grimy/wet back alley setting, King Willy head in hand Or a ship interior with it's beautiful orange illuminated look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Something like either of these would get my vote
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #25
AdamTheAnimal
Fantastic Four

I am hoping that the base won`t take away the spotlight from the actual statue. They will probably go with the twin eagles, one of the most memorable scenes from the movie.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GhostPredator.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	104126  
AdamTheAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:29 AM   #26
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTheAnimal View Post
I am hoping that the base won`t take away the spotlight from the actual statue. They will probably go with the twin eagles, one of the most memorable scenes from the movie.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #27
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
I suspect there are limitations, or laws that might prevent actual lasers being added. Plus it would be difficult at this size anyway. Unless they can fit in a fairly powerful spot light and direct it through a clever housing which might simulate the effect a bit.

To make the 3 dot laser beams on the Predator's bio masks to shoot out, maybe Prime 1 Studios should try using voodoo magic[F...'ING VOODOO MAGIC MUN!...]
Old 04-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #28
Python
Omega Red

Haha, that'd work...
Old 04-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #29
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I don't mind a scenic base, I just hope they don't go the route of the Cinemaquette. I have seen lots of people post photos of their CM displays, but I haven't seen many, if any, where the base actually fit on the display surface.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #30
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, that one was too big...