Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #21
grail
Frackin!

Like every one else, I think that base is so great.
Up until this reveal, I was on the impression that the LOTR pieces from Prime1 where too close to what Weta already made, but his one proves me wrong big time.
grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:25 PM   #22
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
P1 set the new standard for lotr
Sorry, Weta will never be beaten for me. I will always prefer statues from the people who actually made the creatures, costumes, weapons and armour for the film.

These are nice though, it's good of them to include a statue with their bases
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #23
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah these are "nice".
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:27 AM   #24
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Weta is dated, company has too much overhead which passes over to the consumer, and their newer pieces are getting crushed in the aftermarket. The historical connection to the movie production team is a good conversation item, but that's about it.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:02 AM   #25
dao2
Cyclops

I'm a disappointed in the paints on the balrog base but if they come out as well as what they are showing way ahead of WETA. Original makers or not, these just aren't just bigger but better imo. Waiting on that Gimli!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #26
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Weta is dated, company has too much overhead which passes over to the consumer, and their newer pieces are getting crushed in the aftermarket. The historical connection to the movie production team is a good conversation item, but that's about it.
Plenty of recent Weta pieces are great, and many hold their value or have increased quite quickly. Some don't of course, but you could say the same about P1. I have gotten a lot of my P1 stuff WELL under retail.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:14 AM   #27
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Plenty of recent Weta pieces are great, and many hold their value or have increased quite quickly. Some don't of course, but you could say the same about P1. I have gotten a lot of my P1 stuff WELL under retail.
We should see how well. Weta price hold now P1 reveals their line. Back then ss statues hold their price well, long gone are those days.

I also believe the newer P1 looks better than the weta.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:07 PM   #28
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

They're not better, they're just fancier, they're over-elaborate. Weta are more refined and classy.
And that's such a load of nonsense about being crushed in the aftermarket! The only thing dated is your knowledge apparently. Isildur, Treebeard, Mouth of Sauron, Aragorn, Galadriel, Minas Morgul... the most recent statues have sold out in pre-order and their value has appreciated vastly on the second hand market.
Many companies have dipped their hand into middle-earth and everyone at the time said much the same: Better than Weta, Weta are dead'...I've heard all this before, but here they are in 2020 having started in 2001.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:26 PM   #29
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

that looks incredible from top to bottom
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:29 PM   #30
DarkShadow
Frackin!

I haven't heard any LOTR collector about selling Weta for Prime 1. Most LOTR collectors either stick with Weta, as they have no room or need for the Prime 1 statues, or they add Prime 1 statues to their collection as an addition to Weta, kind of like centerpieces.

I think Prime 1 is more for the regular statue collector that wants to have 1 or 2 LOTR pieces in their collection.
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote