Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-29-2021, 10:16 AM   #11
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I agree, but...I don't care much for thrones. And I don't like the portrait or helmet design (paint job, yes, that's awesome). Initially I did. Thought it was Fassbender-esque, whom I love. Now I don't see it as much.

RCB Mags is probably about equal to the licensed products, quality-wise. One or two others as well. But most are inferior sculpt/anatomy, or are over-designed monstrosities.

The DelOtto one is intriguing. If I had the extra cash, I'd like that different take on Mags in my collection.
The Bel one is nice, but poorly engineered, and the factory paint isn't great. I think the MAC one is my current favorite, though he may be too muscular for some.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #12
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
And they're mostly different levels of bad. Only one or two that are appealing to me.
Agree, and shocked when people say its the best magneto. Almost all of them have barely passible to terrible face portraits. Just because they try a new concept/low ES/sculpted cape doesn't make it automatically great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
From a sculpting perspective Magneto on throne is awesome but like Zen I’m just not into thrones. Great center pieces but I like building team displays so to me they’re boring. Characters just sitting around doing what? Nope.

In the minority but I really dig my Magneto maquette even though I don’t like some of the costume choices. In person the fabric cape and pose look regal as hell.

If White Magneto was the classic costume or at least the Dawn of X/Krakoa version then I’d say it’s the best licensed Magneto. Excited to see what XM comes up with though.
I'm with you on this one, plus the fact that despite all the hate for it, it sold out of its 3750 ES. Still has one of the coolest bases/floating affects.

White XM magneto looks cool, but will have to say the portraits are terrible, I hope the new one is vastly improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
This could be any easy home run for XM. Nothing crazy with the pose or costume design, not a ton of garbage littering the base, and just flawless execution.
Exactly, don't over do it and take away from the character. But makes me think your calling out the custom magneto sentinel hand base that has tons of stuff on it, yet people spend 3k + on it yuck.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:31 AM   #13
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Still no 1/4 Magneto for me, so I'm definitely anticipating this reveal. Just hope he isn't close to being near a white costume.
There's no way they'd do another white costume. I'm guessing it will be more traditional red and purple but in an action pose as the first one on throne was museum.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think their white suit magneto is one of the best Mags out there. It's my favorite of any company. I just don't think we need another damn Magneto. Especially when there are plenty of other X-Men villains out there to tackle.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #15
Mister H
Gen 13

If they copied Koto's 1/6 Magneto in the Jim Lee pose that was made several years ago, I'd think about getting it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:01 AM   #16
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think their white suit magneto is one of the best Mags out there. It's my favorite of any company. I just don't think we need another damn Magneto. Especially when there are plenty of other X-Men villains out there to tackle.
Yes, like Mr. Sinister
Old 04-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #17
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yes, like Mr. Sinister
The WIP was from August 2016...
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:21 AM   #18
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'd take a Magneto in his black outfit.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #19
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yes, like Mr. Sinister
Agree he's well over due, I want XM to do a dio set like Thanos/Lady Death just not as huge of a space hog. Sinister and Goblin Queen dio would be awesome.

But we are also missing Blob and Toad which would make a cool dio then Pyro to finish the brotherhood set (avalanche would be cool but I think he's even more niche)
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #20
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Agree he's well over due, I want XM to do a dio set like Thanos/Lady Death just not as huge of a space hog. Sinister and Goblin Queen dio would be awesome.

But we are also missing Blob and Toad which would make a cool dio then Pyro to finish the brotherhood set (avalanche would be cool but I think he's even more niche)
Sinister and Goblin Queen would be sick. I'd love that and also a comic Loki piece.