Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-24-2022, 04:10 AM   #311
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
So they're doing a 1/6 line AND the 1/5 line?? What the Hell is the point of that??
The 1:5 line is what the characters would possibly look like if a modern live action film were to be made, a more gritty & realistic take.

The 1:6 line is basically the vintage figures come to life, it was influenced by this Alex Ross art print.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:51 AM   #312
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If the 1:6 line will have classic figure influence does that mean a potential Panthor statue will be covered in that same material as the original figure? I'm kinda hoping it does. There was something so special about that piece.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:12 AM   #313
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
If the 1:6 line will have classic figure influence does that mean a potential Panthor statue will be covered in that same material as the original figure? I'm kinda hoping it does. There was something so special about that piece.
It would hit me right in the nostalgic feels if they did that but I highly doubt they will, that flocking effect is a literal dust magnet, every particle of dust in the room is drawn to that stuff and sticks to it like glue.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:00 AM   #314
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

it’s gotta be all polystone.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:09 AM   #315
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I don't see TH ever doing flocking like that (thank God). All of their DC pieces are fully sculpted, and I hope that the Legends line goes fully sculpted too - though I know that might not be so since Hordak had a fabric cape.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:01 AM   #316
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
It would hit me right in the nostalgic feels if they did that but I highly doubt they will, that flocking effect is a literal dust magnet, every particle of dust in the room is drawn to that stuff and sticks to it like glue.

It's been 40 years since I had mine so it could be I'm only remembering the good things. Don't recall the dust magnet part. Yeesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
it?s gotta be all polystone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't see TH ever doing flocking like that (thank God). All of their DC pieces are fully sculpted, and I hope that the Legends line goes fully sculpted too - though I know that might not be so since Hordak had a fabric cape.
Probably so.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:14 PM   #317
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
In the PowerCon video posted above, Igo said that they may need to stretch out the rear of the base a little for weight distribution / rod insertion / something like that.

Would this mean that the final proto could differ to the painted pics in this thread, or would such changes, if they were to be made, have been done prior to painting (i.e. so we're seeing the final)?

I didn't catch that. Which posted video does Igo say that?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:51 PM   #318
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I didn't catch that. Which posted video does Igo say that?
I hope they reinforce the hell out of it so there will be ZERO lean issues down the road.

Judging by the pics, especially the side view shots, Id say there is a solid chance this piece MAY develop a lean if not property reinforced.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #319
Thor57
Teen Titans

If they go full classic nostalgia and flock Panthor, I better get a Stinkor that smells like burnt rubber too.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:33 PM   #320
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I hope they reinforce the hell out of it so there will be ZERO lean issues down the road.

Judging by the pics, especially the side view shots, Id say there is a solid chance this piece MAY develop a lean if not property reinforced.

Oh for sure. Especially since Battle Cat is only on his hind legs and He-Man is on his back. TH needs to heavily reinforce that cantilever design.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote