Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-12-2022, 06:37 PM   #21
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Weta has one of the most overpriced shipping rates of any company. All their statues you have to factor in the insane shipping cost, which I guarantee is not even close to what they are paying. Now they want to increase the overall price more, yeah ok
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:39 PM   #22
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
All you newbies do realise Weta do more than these recent DC statues right? And that they do pretty well and sell out and become sought after. They've been doing Lord of the Rings statues, among others, for 20 years with great success.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 02:55 AM   #23
ilsensine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Exactly, people act like Weta is the only one doing it. Go visit an Iron Studio thread if you want to talk about overpricing.
Say what? Iron Studios 1/10s are cheap and not much smaller than some of the Weta stuff for triple the price. Iron Studios has DC 1/3s for like 1k as well. So not sure what you are on about. But forget about any of that, just look at the Weta LOTR environments. Like 1k for dinky little things. I agree that things are getting more expensive across the board, and most things are getting up there, but Weta is in a class all of its own when it comes to outrageous pricing. I love Lord of the Rings and have been unable to justify a single piece.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 05:15 AM   #24
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Say what? Iron Studios 1/10s are cheap and not much smaller than some of the Weta stuff for triple the price. Iron Studios has DC 1/3s for like 1k as well. So not sure what you are on about. But forget about any of that, just look at the Weta LOTR environments. Like 1k for dinky little things. I agree that things are getting more expensive across the board, and most things are getting up there, but Weta is in a class all of its own when it comes to outrageous pricing. I love Lord of the Rings and have been unable to justify a single piece.
Please, Iron has some of the worst priced stuff ever, just look at their recent Batmobile and DeLorean pieces. 1/10 stuff is not that cheap, scale is tiny and many of them are almost $200.

Most of the Weta environment "dinky little things" are super detailed and only one has ever been 1K and it's huge( even though a lot of them are worth that now or much more.) They have had a lot of cool pieces even under $50, so don't tell me you can't afford a "single piece". Plus they do have sales once in a while as well as a great rewards system to help offset the costs.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 05:26 AM   #25
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Weta has one of the most overpriced shipping rates of any company. All their statues you have to factor in the insane shipping cost, which I guarantee is not even close to what they are paying. Now they want to increase the overall price more, yeah ok
It depends on the piece. Some stuff is high, while others even all the way from NZ can seem cheap. I assume they get large volume discounts, but that usually means no insurance so they have to eat those costs for damage/loss themselves or pay a 3rd party insurance company.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:29 AM   #26
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Says they guy who came into this thread only to about prices and shipping costs for pieces he has no interest in. Why are you even here?
Old 03-13-2022, 06:26 AM   #27
Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Says they guy who came into this thread only to about prices and shipping costs for pieces he has no interest in. Why are you even here?
On behalf of all collectors
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #28
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
I'm only paying ?30 shipping for the escape off the road MC from Europe to the U.K. But I guess the rest of the world doesn't exist right.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:48 PM   #29
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
Iron Studios is 1/10 and Weta character statues 1/6, so yeah that is a pretty big difference.
And their environments aren't 'dinky' at all, apart from the small Hobbit holes which are quite cheap.
Honestly this is like talking to a forum of children. Are you old enough to be spending this much money?
Old 03-13-2022, 04:49 PM   #30
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make with this reply. What a child.