Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-27-2017, 05:59 AM   #781
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
its worth it.
My friend got his Horus in a couple of weeks ago and the bird head itself is from a lesser quality than Anubis' dog head.You would expect it to be the other way around and of better quality considering there are only 50 pieces and it's a 'in-house' product.The surface of the head was 'grainy' as if there were casting bubbles/dried up dust/etc and it has a relatively poor paintjob with black smudges.My friend requested to have another head sent to him after providing them photos.He's waiting for the new head and a new base as it came in broken.Also the lights of the eyes are very weak.Good thing he has been taken care off...at that price it should be a glorious piece.The overall paintjob of the helmet is very nice though.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:59 AM   #782
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

So my Horus finally arrived. They needed two delivery guys to bring it in.

I had to pay $360 in customs taxed, which is thankfully only about half what I was expecting to pay. I did a rough calculation and all up Horus has cost me $3750AUD. I'm telling myself this is a once in a lifetime piece and there are only 40 in the world to try and take the sting off a little! I won't be able to assemble it yet because I need to move it to storage, but I'm still looking forward to opening and inspecting the boxes to get a look at this beauty.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #783
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Congrats, Sisko. Looking forward to some pics!
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #784
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post

I had to pay $360 in customs taxed, which is thankfully only about half what I was expecting to pay. I did a rough calculation and all up Horus has cost me $3750AUD. I'm telling myself this is a once in a lifetime piece and there are only 40 in the world to try and take the sting off a little! I won't be able to assemble it yet because I need to move it to storage, but I'm still looking forward to opening and inspecting the boxes to get a look at this beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydevil View Post
Congrats, Sisko. Looking forward to some pics!
Indeed, pics and a video review at some point. Congrats, Sisko! It'll look great with Anubis.

Unfortunatly, I had to let my order go. Too many other expenses cropped up at the time that I needed the money for.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #785
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I think you're right. I need to find a way to display them together. Even looking at them from across the room where I can see both at the same time, I'm blown away.

I was really sleepy when I put this guy together. I think I didn't do as good of a job on this as I did on Anubis. I can see one screw sticking out. Sloppy on my part. :/

I had to try a couple of times putting him in the stand before I finally got it. Really is hard to do. So heavy.
Nice Video! Nice Collection lots of pieces! Soon as i saw Anubis was thinking man that would look sweet on the other side of the TV. But that is your doorway gah! Looks Great!

Quote:

Wow Congrats!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #786
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Indeed, pics and a video review at some point. Congrats, Sisko! It'll look great with Anubis.

Unfortunatly, I had to let my order go. Too many other expenses cropped up at the time that I needed the money for.
Sorry to hear you had to let your order go Viper. But real life priorities have to come first.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #787
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Where's your video on this Sisko?

Thanks House.

I may have to let my Thanos EX go for the same reasons Viper so I feel your pain.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:53 AM   #788
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:

Thanks House.

I may have to let my Thanos EX go for the same reasons Viper so I feel your pain.
I need someone to help me unpack the giant boxes. You're a wonder woman for doing it yourself! I won't be able to do a proper video because I'm not assembling it, but I would like to give people a look at the paintwork under some natural light.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #789
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Sorry to hear you had to let your order go Viper. But real life priorities have to come first.
Indeed. Thanks Sisko. Looking forward to your video review when you are able to film it. You always do a great job.

Quote:

Thanks House.

Thanks Fremen. Sorry to read you may have to let Thanos go. That's a really great piece. Sometime we have to make tough decisions in this hobby for many reasons but hopefully you will be able to keep him.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote