Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #891
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

But maybe years after the statue is released and all other Ghost Rider statues are made will have a light. Which one is then again outstanding from others?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:58 AM   #892
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
how do you guys feel about the eyes?
I dislike them, but assuming his head is a separate piece, I can easily have someone redo them if I want to.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #893
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah I know no one's going to give up on the statue because of the skull but a light would look better, be much more accurate, and retain more class in the long run, years after the statue is released and other Ghost Rider statues are made.

For a $1,300 toy/fantasy statue it is something to consider.

XM really needs to check their bovine osteology obession.
that among other design elements were a deal breaker for me. ketch on street bike or blaze on something closer to what was in the second movie would have been bought
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #894
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
that among other design elements were a deal breaker for me. ketch on street bike or blaze on something closer to what was in the second movie would have been bought
Them doing companion pieces of Ketch and Blaze with different bikes and accents as bookend type pices would really be something I could not resist even at the expense of owning 2 Ghostrider statues.

Still hope they do that but then the choice of skull would be even more jarring.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #895
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah I know no one's going to give up on the statue because of the skull but a light would look better, be much more accurate, and retain more class in the long run, years after the statue is released and other Ghost Rider statues are made.

For a $1,300 toy/fantasy statue it is something to consider.

XM really needs to check their bovine osteology obession.
Pretty funny timing with that.

I will say that we know how XM usually adds things or makes slight changes in production...so maybe the eyes might get some kind of glowing or light up feature? Who knows...never say never.

The thing that I would like to see change is simple...make the chain a little lighter so I can see the frikkin thing.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #896
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

I will say that we know how XM usually adds things or makes slight changes in production...so maybe the eyes might get some kind of glowing or light up feature? Who knows...never say never.

The thing that I would like to see change is simple...make the chain a little lighter so I can see the frikkin thing.
With that said about the chain. I did zoom into the pics they posted and can see a little bit of glowing red at the front chain links, and also near the rear axle links.

This could be an issue we are not seeing all the detail from the way the pics are taken of the chain.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #897
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

Yeah like I said above eyes would look amazing if they are or is a glowing effect of reddish accents in eyes instead of what they have and I agree would like to see contrast of chain so we can all see it better! Just blends in so easily with rest of bike and gets lost IMO hopefully they tweak these two things and then perfection will be set in place!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #898
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah like I said above eyes would look amazing if they are or is a glowing effect of reddish accents in eyes instead of what they have and I agree would like to see contrast of chain so we can all see it better! Just blends in so easily with rest of bike and gets lost IMO hopefully they tweak these two things and then perfection will be set in place!!

Sarah

I feel the same way. However, XM R&D thinks a silver/grey/iron chain would be too distracting to the eye. As for going with a more of a glowing eye sockets coloring or effect, I have a feeling this particular issue may turn into a "what if it was..." part of this piece. Not a deal breaker for sure, but if they have a chance to address this now............
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:16 PM   #899
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I love the skull but I do hope the eyes gets darker. It's too distracting with the bright colors. Dim it up half and it's all good imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #900
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I think a glow effect would be really hard to pull off in the eyes with only paint. I'd prefer the eyes be simply painted black.

As far as the skull on the front...if I could change it to a headlight to be consistent with the original Blaze bike, I would, but it doesn't really bother me that much.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote