Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #91
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Another home run! Can't wait for next month's podcast already!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #92
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Another home run! Can't wait for next month's podcast already!
I know. This thing needs to be weekly.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #93
FelixComicArt
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The Felix Comic Art Podcast welcomes Robert Kirkman to the show!:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

Robert loves comic art. Yes, he created THE WALKING DEAD and co-created INVINCIBLE. Yes, he's a partner at Image Comics. Yes, he runs Skybound. And so on and so forth. But what really matters to us: He loves comic art!

Especially comic art from the '90s. Check out his show-and-tell video on our YouTube channel, which features such '90s stalwarts as Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen, Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and Dale Keown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ey1Yoytpf0

Thanks to Robert for the chat and sharing all his stories of collecting. Especially the absolutely insane one from his early days, which is guaranteed to make even the most hardcore collector feel like a responsible adult in comparison.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Check out our website at www.felixcomicart.com and sign up for the mailing list. Please leave a rating/review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy the show!

Felix
www.felixcomicart.com
FelixComicArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #94
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Another good one. Already looking forward to the next one.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #95
FelixComicArt

The Felix Comic Art Podcast returns for July 2017 with a double-sized episode from Chicago!:

Part one features comics creator DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON! Daniel's new Image book EXTREMITY is on the stands, check it out! Daniel is also a comic art collector, who has been operating on a strict budget. And yet he's still managed to put together a collection he loves. It's a great perspective on the hobby. Thanks Daniel!

Part two is our C2E2 roundtable featuring the three-headed collecting beast of Chicago: Chris Caira, Chris Killackey, and Ron Sonenthal. Our roundtable episodes have proven to be very popular, and for those who enjoy them, this one won't disappoint. Commissions, new art, vintage art, collecting advice...we cover quite a bit!

We also add TWO art show-and-tell videos, from Daniel and Ron, to our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/felixcomicart

Check our website at www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list. We just held a giant sale. Didn't know about it? That's because you aren't on the list! Join the mailing list for more exclusive offers! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy this extra-long episode!
Old 07-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #96
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow on my commute.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #97
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixComicArt View Post
The Felix Comic Art Podcast returns for July 2017 with a double-sized episode from Chicago!:

Part one features comics creator DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON! Daniel's new Image book EXTREMITY is on the stands, check it out! Daniel is also a comic art collector, who has been operating on a strict budget. And yet he's still managed to put together a collection he loves. It's a great perspective on the hobby. Thanks Daniel!

Part two is our C2E2 roundtable featuring the three-headed collecting beast of Chicago: Chris Caira, Chris Killackey, and Ron Sonenthal. Our roundtable episodes have proven to be very popular, and for those who enjoy them, this one won't disappoint. Commissions, new art, vintage art, collecting advice...we cover quite a bit!

We also add TWO art show-and-tell videos, from Daniel and Ron, to our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/felixcomicart

Check our website at www.felixcomicart.com. Sign up for the mailing list. We just held a giant sale. Didn't know about it? That's because you aren't on the list! Join the mailing list for more exclusive offers! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes. Thanks and enjoy this extra-long episode!
didn't know Ron was from chicago, love his collection and would be great to see it in person.

-Octavio
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #98
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

O, set up a dinner date at his house. livestream the event.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #99
FelixComicArt

The Felix Comic Art Podcast visits San Diego Comic Con 2017 where we talk to arguably the most influential person in the original art market, co-founder of Hertiage Auctions, Jim Halperin.

Jim is a major comic art collector in his own right, but on this day, we focus on Heritage and its impact on the comic art market. All auction houses tout record prices achieved...but what about potential market manipulation or shilling? Jim doesn't shy away from any of it. If you've been curious about what goes on behind the curtain at auction houses, this episode is a must-listen. Thanks to Jim for being so game!

In addition, part 2 is a bonus section from SDCC where we catch up with some former guests Satya Chetri, Gene Park, Ron Sonenthal, Lambert Sheng, and Andy Robbins!

Also, go to our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/felixcomicart) to check out our latest video: The SDCC 2017 dinner with Walter Simonson hosted by Scott Dunbier! It was a blast, thank you Walter and Scott!

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Sign up for our mailing list at felixcomicart.com. Support the show by leaving a rating/review on iTunes. We reward those who do both. Thanks and enjoy the show!
Old 08-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #100
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

That Simonson dinner was the highlight of SDCC for me.