Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 12-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #1
FROBAY
Phoenix

Imaginarium Art QC & CS Issues - Buyers Beware

This thread is to discuss Imaginarium Art's QC & Customer service issues and how it affects collectors. Do you think the forum/s are representative of the majority of collectors. Do you believe the majority of runs are affected but poor QC.

What are you realistic suggestions for improving QC.

What should collectors do If they receive a poor piece? Accept a partial refund or send back for replacement or full refund?

This is open to further expansion in relation to QC only.

Please keep the thread Civil.

Last edited by FROBAY; 09-04-2017 at 09:27 AM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
Hybrid
Doh!

I received Ironman MK VII 1:2 scale over 11 months ago & it arrived bent knee broken all around. Only bubble wrap around it. Maybe that put added pressure on it. IDK. Was told to destroy it via video and replacement would be sent 2 weeks. 11 months now & no end in sight. I live USA, purchased Authorized dealer in Thailand. Now I had purchased 3 XM Studio pieces prior no issues. Other than the cracked knee, piece is gorgeous! So because I paid the deposit, than later paid balance year later, I was no longer under PayPal protection. $2k lost. Most disheartening purchase since being a collector since 2009. Still hold hope they will follow through but this new acquisiton by Prime 1 makes me think this will fall through the cracks.
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #3
sparda
The Avengers

Received a Mark 39 and Mark 42 helmet ith problems.

I was able to send the Mark 39 back to the vendor, as they still had a second piece in stock. So hoping that one doesn't have any problems.

The mark 42 is mostly sold out, so I've asked for a partial refund (yet to receive any feedback on that, has been 1 week by now), as I plan on buying their mark 41 helmet. If that piece is bothered by poor QC as well, I'll probably ship it back and ask for a full refund an be done with IA.

Hopefully P1 will solve the QC problems.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Been waiting 5 months for a 1:1 helmet replacement and 8 months for a 1:2 torso replacement.

Worst thing is they insisted I destroy the parts and send pictures as the replacement parts were ready to ship. This was over a month ago. Now I'm being told Feb/Mar.
I'm left with Iron Man parts scattered around my room.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

same as col been waiting around 8 months for a replacement torso on my 1:2 iron man due to the arc reactor on its chest not lighting up. They also asked me for pics of the destroyed torso (about 6 months into the wait) but I refused as I had a feeling I'd still be left waiting, only without a statue. I basically told them due to the constant delays and shifting of replacement dates that they could send me the replacement first and once I had it in hand and working only then would I send pics of the old torso destroyed.
IA obviously don't have the resources available to output the amount of statues they are currently producing so replacements are low on the list of priorities for them. On the positive side the quality of their products is excellent but if you recieve a faulty or damaged piece just don't expect a replacement anytime soon if at all. I'd say their merge with prime 1 can definitely only be a good thing. As they are now though I certainly wouldn't order from them again.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #6
sparda
The Avengers

Still no word concerning the paint job on the mark 42, nor have they responded to reimburse shipping costs for the mark 39. Starting to get very annoying.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #7
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I've heard zero on my MK43 BD replacement other than "they're working on it". Same b/s answer .
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:21 PM   #8
sparda
The Avengers

I wonder if complaining to P1 Studios might help. Probably not, but I'd like to think it does, as it gives us new channels to contact.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #9
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
I wonder if complaining to P1 Studios might help. Probably not, but I'd like to think it does, as it gives us new channels to contact.
I think the forum rep in the P1 threads is the same guy I emailed about my statue.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:07 PM   #10
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Hope it works out for ya.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote