Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-30-2022, 03:00 PM   #171
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Like always if you can show someone outside the hobby, a photo of the piece from the neck up and they instantly recognise it, than it passes.

I just find that we’re sometimes a bit forgiving sometimes, me included.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:06 PM   #172
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I read the posts related to the Thor bust, and the same tyre kickers came out to play - they come out for every release, like vampires sucking the excitement out of everything.

Plus, what does money have to do with it? What, if this piece cost $3999 it would be great? but as soon as they ask for one cent more - suddenly it's not good enough.

I see this BS with the JND products - people speaking crazy like "if it was $1000, I'd buy it - but at this price...." - if the price determines how good the art is, then buy the cheapest product out there and be done with it.

.....there's no pleasing everyone, this is clear - and I understand if people don't like a product. I'm just tired of reading the same old nitpicks on every release.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything - you go ahead and post your critiques, don't mind me....it's just my opinion.

I'm offering my 100% support for those who want to be excited about this hobby, I'm sure my opinion won't be popular, as drama and negativity get's views.....and yes, I'm sure some will label my comments as drama and negativity.....but, whatever.

Great piece by Infinity.
Wasn’t most of the critique about the Thor bust about one or two things. The lack of arms and not enough of the body, and the short hair.

Though I think many were comparing it to the Cap bust at the time.

In essence many here and elsewhere were saying that it was more of a Chris Hemsworth bust, than a Thor bust.

Most actually liked the likeness.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:02 PM   #173
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Wasn?t most of the critique about the Thor bust about one or two things. The lack of arms and not enough of the body, and the short hair.

Though I think many were comparing it to the Cap bust at the time.

In essence many here and elsewhere we?re saying that it was more of a Chris Hemsworth bust, than a Thor bust.

Most actually liked the likeness.
No need to sweat the details - it doesn't matter what I think.....if people are content to complain (consistently) about their hobby.....then so be it. To me, it's like taking a sh*t in your own bed - they're really only ruining it for themselves. I'm learning to tune it out.

I think both Queen and Infinity are producing awesome busts...as I said, I just can't get into that part of the hobby right now, or maybe ever - unless I want to court bankruptcy
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:02 PM   #174
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
I read the posts related to the Thor bust, and the same tyre kickers came out to play - they come out for every release, like vampires sucking the excitement out of everything.

Plus, what does money have to do with it? What, if this piece cost $3999 it would be great? but as soon as they ask for one cent more - suddenly it's not good enough.

I see this BS with the JND products - people speaking crazy like "if it was $1000, I'd buy it - but at this price...." - if the price determines how good the art is, then buy the cheapest product out there and be done with it.

.....there's no pleasing everyone, this is clear - and I understand if people don't like a product. I'm just tired of reading the same old nitpicks on every release.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything - you go ahead and post your critiques, don't mind me....it's just my opinion.

I'm offering my 100% support for those who want to be excited about this hobby, I'm sure my opinion won't be popular, as drama and negativity get's views.....and yes, I'm sure some will label my comments as drama and negativity.....but, whatever.

Great piece by Infinity.
I don't think critiquing should equate to negativity, especially if it's constructive. I think many who are voicing their dissatisfaction are/were interested in ordering. I've recently accepted that no bust/or statue will ever have an 100% likeness, but I still think we should try our best to achieve it.

Not to mention, Infinity seems to be warming up to accepting feedback. They asked for and accepted a lot of critiques on their recent Witch-king statue. They even tweaked their Battinson bust due to push-back from the community, and most likely a lack of sales.

Price is absolutely correlated the quality of a product in most, if not all cases. A 100k S-class Mercedes will be vastly superior to a 40k C-class, as it should be. How else would such a price be justified?

Personally, this is the first bust I've seen in a while where I have no complaints. I clearly see Emilia. But if others have some suggestions to improve it, all the better IMO.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:19 PM   #175
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Price is absolutely correlated the quality of a product in most, if not all cases. A 100k S-class Mercedes will be vastly superior to a 40k C-class, as it should be. How else would such a price be justified?
With respect, I believe you're confusing two topics. Objective "Quality" vs Subjective "Quality" - they're two very different things.

The Queen Studios recent Black Widow was (objectively) a very well made, and finished product - that conformed to it's original prototype (by and large) - from this perspective I agree with your correllation to price. This is where you get more, if you pay more - referring to better paint apps, more details, etc etc.

However, the QS piece (subjectively) - in my opinion, failed to resemble Scar Jo.....which could also be linked to a type of quality, reffering (quite rudely) - albeit, unintentionally - to the quality of the artists skill to execute an accurate portrait - subjective, subjective

It's ridiculous to suggest that the issue of lack of resemblance to Scar Jo - would be mitigated if the piece were priced cheaper. Either the piece looks like Scar Jo, or it doesn't - price doesn't change that perspective..

However, this is the level of idiocy I see written here and on YouTube - when the pundits are referring to JND pieces (for example) - and on some of these high ends busts. "Oh, it doesn't look like xxxxxxxx, but I'd buy it, but not at this price" - which immediately undermines their argument, because - reading between the lines - in actual fact, the company doesn't need to change the sculpt in order to win their business, actually, they just need to lower the price.....these twits are using "likeness" to try to justify that price drop.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:07 PM   #176
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
It's still up to you to decide if you listen to those comments and let you shape your opinion. To me if I like it, somebody else won't change my opinion. And the other way around. For example my WETA Lara Croft: there is a lot of comments about the paint job, the face likeness which is off... I agree on a lot of points, but overall I just love the pose, the raptors... No other opinions will make me not love it.

Quote:
It's not a hard line when it comes to the price, but in the end it's hard to say it doesn't matter. Most people are on a budget, and have to decide if they like it enough for that price. If they were releasing 1:1 busts at $2000, I'm sure I would own one yet. For $4000 I really have to like it not to spend the same money on another 3 1:3 scale statues. So to me the price and the quality are often connected. It's hard not to see the price tag.

This doesn't mean I can't appreciate the look of these 1:1 busts. But budget, quality and interest in the character do matter in deciding to get a statue.

Quote:
In the same way I read comment as: "for that price I'll pick it up" when it comes to smalles size statues. Expectations are lower, and it seems easier to accept the statue for what it is at a lower price.

Quote:
Great piece by Infinity.
I agree. Definitely great likeness, which I feel on these 1/1 busts needs to be really close to make it worth getting. I didn't have that feeling with the Harley Quinn bust, but this one seems quite accurate.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:18 PM   #177
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The likeness of Emilia Clarke is off. The rest is great.

The one from Blitzway x P1 has better likeness.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daenerys (Emilia Clarke).jpg
Views:	90
Size:	350.0 KB
ID:	156239  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:24 PM   #178
Thor57
Teen Titans

I think size will be the deciding factor for me. I know she’ll be expensive, so I’ll skip that rhetoric. But I’ll want to display her with my Prime 1 Dany and Prime 1 Night King. I have finite space remaining, and a height harrier for the shelves I have them on. So we’ll see. I think she looks good and the scene she’s ripped from is during the apex of GoT.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #179
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The likeness of Emilia Clarke is off. The rest is great.

The one from Blitzway x P1 has better likeness.
The eye painting on that image of the prototype is really nice, shame it didn't make in onto the production piece.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:16 PM   #180
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Like others have said, the likeness is off. That's not negativity or tyre kicking, it's just not as beautiful as clarke really is, IMO. I'm sure it will look impressive in hand but I hope they tweak it to be even better
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote