Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #151
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

I had a play about. It still doesn't look 100% like Laura but..

Alterations include:
Smaller eyes
Wider nose
Mouth more close
Hair quiff moved forwards
Laura's right iris moved inwards slightly
Nice adjustments! I know it's nitpicking and we gotta respect some artist license...but you captured a few things here that would really help.

If only one adjustment could be made, I'd say it's in the mouth. The fuller lips, better representation of her teeth, are really the things that make it not look like our Brazilian fighter.
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #152
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It's a lot better.

From there, I think making her less cheekboney would get her closer.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:20 PM   #153
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

While its indeed a sexy statue, Having Laura as the first Female statue in their PCS swimsuit line is a risky move on their part IMO. If they really want to test the waters on this new line, I think its safe that they start with the A listers and more popular ones, and you know the "IT GIRLS OF SF" Chun Li and Cammy. Yes it may be random that they always start with these two girls, but at the end of the day, its still business and they need to sell these statues.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 AM   #154
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
While its indeed a sexy statue, Having Laura as the first Female statue in their PCS swimsuit line is a risky move on their part IMO. If they really want to test the waters on this new line, I think its safe that they start with the A listers and more popular ones, and you know the "IT GIRLS OF SF" Chun Li and Cammy. Yes it may be random that they always start with these two girls, but at the end of the day, its still business and they need to sell these statues.
While Chun-Li is regarded as no.1 when it cames to SF female fighters, many regard Laura M. as an equal.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:02 AM   #155
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
While Chun-Li is regarded as no.1 when it cames to SF female fighters, many regard Laura M. as an equal.
I don't know who thinks they're equal but they're mad lol.

Chun Li an icon of videogames, the first female fighter, recognized worldwide...

Laura.....woman from SFV, Seans sister...most people haven't heard of her...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:50 AM   #156
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I don't know who thinks they're equal but they're mad lol.

Chun Li an icon of videogames, the first female fighter, recognized worldwide...

Laura.....woman from SFV, Seans sister...most people haven't heard of her...
Maybe. Found this epic image

If there is another Laura piece, which i like to think there will be, i hope they capture the dynamic, muscle tone, Brazilian aliveness, large hand, large feet that makes Laura Matsuda the stand of SF character she is. I've passed on the PCS Bikini effort. The idea is ok, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Thumbs up to the use of clear resin, as like that aspect of the piece.

I'm going to hold out for this outfit. Maybe they could put clear resin to use in an effect like the one above, or some movement lines like the image below

Old 06-25-2019, 09:11 AM   #157
drskull
Frackin!

Quote:
I'm going to hold out for this outfit. Maybe they could put clear resin to use in an effect like the one above, or some movement lines like the image below
that would be a good addition for the 1/6 v-trigger line.

Last edited by drskull; 06-25-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: pic link removed
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 AM   #158
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by drskull View Post
that would be a good addition for the 1/6 v-trigger line.
Couldn't agree more.

With the 1/6 line PCS used the 3D model data from the game as far as i'm aware. I don't think that was the case with Laura Bikini 1/4 scale. For the moment, there is no news on the sculptor.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:46 AM   #159
drskull
Frackin!

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

With the 1/6 line PCS used the 3D model data from the game as far as i'm aware. I don't think that was the case with Laura Bikini 1/4 scale. For the moment, there is no news on the sculptor.
1/6 would be an awesome scale for me because I don't want to spend extra money or space for laura, I want a Laura statue but not this 1/4 big. I rather save the money and spot for a 1/4 ultra blanka. I am facing this exact dilemma with another pcs. I have recently got a 1/4 vega ultra(traded) and even though it is a great statue(AP p2) I don't know if I want to keep him since I don't exclusively focus on sf statues.
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:07 AM   #160
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

The chest size is way too small for the character and her face looks really off too. I'm not a fan of Laura, but this statue is not a good realization of her. I hope it is not going to be a standard for this line.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote