Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #961
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
They should just honor existing orders. Most full-price statues sit on their shelves for months, even years. I saw a Suicide Squad Captain Boomerang statue at ThinkGeek this past weekend.
I hope they honor. If not. They lost my business because I was told they would.
vudoo1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:14 PM   #962
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs down Hauxs!

Quote:
GameStop changed Mera's price to $130.

B!TC#E$
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 AM   #963
EmilyYFY
Doh!

Need a little help here��Does anyone own the Raven statue designed by Adam Hughes? Will it gradually lean to the left after I display it?
EmilyYFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #964
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyYFY View Post
Need a little help here��Does anyone own the Raven statue designed by Adam Hughes? Will it gradually lean to the left after I display it?
I've had mine on display pretty much since release and mine is still at the same angle as when I bought it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #965
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyYFY View Post
Mine has been on display since it was released with no problems. I find it to be an underrated statue. I like the flow of the cloak and it's one of the more leggy efforts.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #966
EmilyYFY
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I've had mine on display pretty much since release and mine is still at the same angle as when I bought it.
That’s a relief, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
Mine has been on display since it was released with no problems. I find it to be an underrated statue. I like the flow of the cloak and it's one of the more leggy efforts.
I love how the motion is captured and presented. The base looks cool as well.
EmilyYFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #967
vudoo1979

Soooo.....I have jumped back on board of buying statues. I went a little overboard. Fell way in love with the Joelle Jones cover girls. So I decided to go back and revisit the other waves. I love some of wave 1. So I got black canary. And I am in hopes of getting catwoman for a decent price one day. Now. I got the Catwoman from the “artgerm” era. And to my dismay. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. I have already ordered the Harley Quinn(hoping to fall in love with her), but am I wrong to stop at those two. I have watched so many unboxing videos. And I think I am
Going to like them. But now I don’t want to waste my money. Looking for opinions.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #968
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
Soooo.....I have jumped back on board of buying statues. I went a little overboard. Fell way in love with the Joelle Jones cover girls. So I decided to go back and revisit the other waves. I love some of wave 1. So I got black canary. And I am in hopes of getting catwoman for a decent price one day. Now. I got the Catwoman from the “artgerm” era. And to my dismay. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. I have already ordered the Harley Quinn(hoping to fall in love with her), but am I wrong to stop at those two. I have watched so many unboxing videos. And I think I am
Going to like them. But now I don’t want to waste my money. Looking for opinions.
The problem with going back to the previous waves is that they're smaller than the Joelle Jones or Bombshells. You're paying more money (especially the Adam Hughes versions) for "less". You have to really like the previous designs in order to justify the cost to yourself.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #969
vudoo1979

Quote:
The problem with going back to the previous waves is that they're smaller than the Joelle Jones or Bombshells. You're paying more money (especially the Adam Hughes versions) for "less". You have to really like the previous designs in order to justify the cost to yourself.
That is exactly what I thought when I opened up the catwoman. I was like. Whoa. She is small. And I was like I can’t believe I spent that much on her. I was a little disappointed I guess. The piece is beautiful. But I would have liked a little more bang for my buck. It sucks to say the least. Lol.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #970
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
That is exactly what I thought when I opened up the catwoman. I was like. Whoa. She is small. And I was like I can’t believe I spent that much on her. I was a little disappointed I guess. The piece is beautiful. But I would have liked a little more bang for my buck. It sucks to say the least. Lol.
I bought them as they were being released. However, now that it's easy to get the Joelle Jones and Bombshells statues for $70 to $90, I would not buy any of the earlier Cover Girls unless you find a really good deal, such as Katana.

Katana, $60: https://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibl.../dp/B00JPIQOV2

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote