Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-10-2024, 07:47 PM   #721
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Yea, that Sideshow one was pretty bad. I sold it within a week of getting it because I was able to make a little money on it. I think the Prime P2 pairs really well with the JH. If a crazy deal pops up on one in the next year, I will probably get one. If not, then the wait continues for either Wolf or a P2 Elder.
The discounted price for the SS pred got me to order it but I never liked it and managed to offload it for what I paid, it really wasn't very good. The production was way worse than the prototype (which wasn't that great anyway).

This may go for discount but I wouldn't hold my breath, they made WAYYYY fewer of these than the jungle hunter. Less than 400 P2 and almost 2,000 Jungle Hunters. pre-covid and covid era was a big ordering period for a lot of companies before it came down hard :< Maybe aftermarket though? Someone getting over their hype and not wanting something so huge.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 01:11 AM   #722
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

God the pose and gut are such massive disappointments on this. I want to like it so bad.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 07:38 AM   #723
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That is about all the SS pieces got correct then...
thats why i worded/phrased it like that. But we understand each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2
Nah SS dreads were not accurate at all. For the first part the p2 dreads came out sideways instead of just hanging down which is weird and off.
I was not really pointing towards the newer sideshow maquettes (i never gave them a second look). Just in general pred stuff from SS the dread length always felt correct. Up to now with the Prime1 predators length 'feels' it could be a tad longer..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:13 AM   #724
Halcyon
Loki

Like others said. Overall very nice statue, but there are some points combined with high price why people are not jumping on this P2 (or the AvP ones). Otherwise ES would and could be higher.

For me these main points are:
- Inflated Price (outside china bcs it has an Ultimate bonus version which unnecessary boosts other three versions)
- The overly corroded/dented style of the armor and whole base plate (plus wobbly grating lines all over)
- The punch in the stomach by not adding the roaring or closed mouth as the standard version. The normal open mouth should be with the DX(S) this time (and they know it).
- And some dumb stuff with the DX(S) no one will use just to get it at the $3500 range and have four heads like the JH.

After release:
- The width of many brown and black lines could be slightly better but that is due to factory and strict QC and what Prime is paying the paint department.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:23 AM   #725
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

To me it is the pose mainly and it is just too damn big. I am waiting for a properly scaled 1/3 city and jungle hunter.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:54 AM   #726
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

One of the few times where the “1:4” wall art supersedes this 1:3. Dare I say, I catch myself admiring the City wall art more than my 1:3 JH. To be fair, it probably has something to do with it being mounted in my living room, and is within my view majority of the time I spend at home.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 01:25 PM   #727
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

quick comparison even if the lighting isn't the best.

at the moment I haven't received a response from whoever received the statue, but the blades are 99.9% not diecast.
I hope I'm wrong

[IMG]

[/IMG]
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 07:42 PM   #728
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Just to confirm, the quills are not a flexible rubber material like the JH correct?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 05:06 AM   #729
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
quick comparison even if the lighting isn't the best.

at the moment I haven't received a response from whoever received the statue, but the blades are 99.9% not diecast.
I hope I'm wrong
Nice comparison pictures. pretty hard to find same angles esp after only a few released.
Not diecast wow! already implementing saving some extra money in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Just to confirm, the quills are not a flexible rubber material like the JH correct?
I can't confirm but some said the bust (closed mouth) has hard type plastic quills.
But tbh the rubber quills tend to be less pointy (bit thick) for my taste. And get permanently bend to much during shipping in the styrobox.
The plastic ones like on the P2 Wall Art are nice and sharp and did not read anyone having broken quills on that one.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:21 AM   #730
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
One of the few times where the 1:4 wall art supersedes this 1:3. Dare I say, I catch myself admiring the City wall art more than my 1:3 JH. To be fair, it probably has something to do with it being mounted in my living room, and is within my view majority of the time I spend at home.
Really love the wall art too. atm i have a large silk handkerchief over his head and body to protect against dust. Bcs this summer i like to semi gloss some areas so its paint is better protected for the future.