Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Replica Weapons?

I was wondering if anyone in here knew of any companies out there that are producing replica weapons besides Triforce, Weta, and Hollywood Collectibles Group? I am mostly interested in Sci-fi replica's like Weta's District 9 and Dr. Grordbort series and Triforce's Mass Effectand Gears of War series. Unfortunately, it appears Weta is FAR more focused on blade weapons like swords and daggers than producing more series like thier District 9 and Triforce doesn't look like they are releasing any more Mass Effect weapons, at least anytime soon.

I really don't understand why this side of the market isn't bigger. Given all of the crazy weapons you see in videogames and films, there is literally an endless supply of weapon designs that a company could produce if they were so inclined to do so. I could easily produce of list of 50+ amazing weapons that would be amazing to see made into replica's. Yet it appears that nobody really wants to do so. Its like the red headed stepchild genre of the collectibles market

Anyways, I figured this would be the place to ask if there are replica's being produced that I don't know about. I already own all of the Mass Effect and Gears of War weapons from Triforce so there is nothing for me there. I already own the District 9 series and a few of the Dr. Grordbort releases so there is really nothing for me at Weta, and excpet for the Tomenosuke Blaster, HCG's has had anything new in some time. I am itching to add some new weapons to my collection!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

MR made a lot of of Star Wars replicas, also hit up the rpf.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I collect replica and real weapons. I also have most of what you have listed. I love my weta D9 stuff. Triforce is releasing the torquebow from gears. Recently I picked up a Takagi Blade Runner blaster which I actually like better than the Tomenosuke blaster. My grail piece I own is from a company called SD STUDIOS. Basically it's the pulse rifle made from all the actual guns (spas-12, Thompson and Remington 380) weighing in at 20 pounds. As Dao2 stated check out the Replica Prop Forum.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
I collect replica and real weapons. I also have most of what you have listed. I love my weta D9 stuff. Triforce is releasing the torquebow from gears. Recently I picked up a Takagi Blade Runner blaster which I actually like better than the Tomenosuke blaster. My grail piece I own is from a company called SD STUDIOS. Basically it's the pulse rifle made from all the actual guns (spas-12, Thompson and Remington 380) weighing in at 20 pounds. As Dao2 stated check out the Replica Prop Forum.
Thanks, I didnt even know there was a replica prop forum on Statue Forum, lol. Not sure how that one slipped by me. Also wasn't aware of the upcoming Torquebow release from Triforce so thanks for the heads up on that one as well. Will definitely be getting that one.

Yeah, the District 9 pieces are some of my all time favorite collectibles. Its such a shame that Weta doesnt decide to do more releases like that as they truly are amazing. I am really hoping when the District 9 sequel hits, that they will do a 2nd series.

I have seen pictures of that Alien Pulse rifle before. That looks amazing. Would love to pick that up eventually. Wasn't aware of the company that produced them tho. Shot an email over to SD Studios asking about purchasing one so hopefully they are still producing them.

Anyways, will defintely check out the replica prop forum know that I know it actually exists, lol. Thanks guys!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

Just a note SD Studios is extremely flakey nowadays, don't order anything from them >< (He started a new company btw, and stills owes tons of people for the Neuralizer run).
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #6
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Just a note SD Studios is extremely flakey nowadays, don't order anything from them >< (He started a new company btw, and stills owes tons of people for the Neuralizer run).
Damn, thats too bad. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:33 AM   #7
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah it's a shame, Steve's pretty talented and he didn't really plan on ripping people off. Just started a run on something he hasn't been able to complete and he's just been very unresponsive to anyone about it unfortunately and it's really just gone down hill to lies and stringing people along :/

http://www.therpf.com/f9/sd-studios-...66/index5.html
Old 11-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yeah it's a shame, Steve's pretty talented and he didn't really plan on ripping people off. Just started a run on something he hasn't been able to complete and he's just been very unresponsive to anyone about it unfortunately and it's really just gone down hill to lies and stringing people along :/

http://www.therpf.com/f9/sd-studios-...66/index5.html
Yeah, that is a shame. I can see where you might run into time problems doing something like this on the side, especially if you started getting a lot of orders, but he should have limited himself to accpeting just a few orders at a time, much like artists and commissions. I can also see where it would be tempting to just keep accpeting orders and letting that money flow in, but if you don't follow through you wind up screwing people and ruining what could have been a great long term side business. It really is a shame as clearly he had a talent for this sort of thing.

Where is the replica forum? I went up and down every category on Sideshow's website and cant seem to find any section for replica's. Am I just completely blind and looking right at it?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
dao2
Cyclops

Just google the rpf and you'll find it (or it's that link above).

Artists are similarly famous for flaking out in the same way :P